Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, September 10, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday went well. I had my raisin bran muffin with my pills for breakfast:

1,000 mg Vitamin C (haven't had a cold in 2 yrs.), I never did get the flu.
kelp (thyroid support) - the doctor couldn't feel my goiter last visit.
CoQ10 - heart/energy - I take this hoping it will help the blood pressure.
fish oil - it's a good thing
glucosamine/chondroitin - the old bone/joints need some lubrication these days
my blood pressure pill
a vitamin

I had some beef roast left over so I stir fried some veggies in a little butter/salt/rosemary and added the meat. I will get two meals out of that. I had some 90% cacao dark chocolate for dessert. That was lunch. I have been grabbing a handful of almonds, eating a food bar, having some trail mix, or eating a banana or something mid-morning but didn't yesterday. I think that's one of the reasons I have been stalled (in fact, I'm sure of it).

No mid-afternoon snack either (another reason for stalling). Supper was a sweet potato which I mashed and put just a little butter on it with some stevia and some cinnamon. I steamed a vegetable mixture and seasoned them with a little butter and salt/pepper/garlic powder mixture I have. Dessert was a stick of gum.

I know it sounds like a lot of butter but I just get some butter between the tines of a fork and kind of baste around over the hot vegetables and let it melt on them.

My first 32 oz. of water had my honey/ACV/garlic tonic in it (about 1 T.) and some senna tea and a scoop of L-arginine (blood pressure) in it. My second 32 oz. was just water. I also had some vanilla spiced chai tea. I also drink decaf coffee (blood pressure again).

TBTW has a crack slaw recipe I am going to try. I had TBTW and Amtrak mixed up in my earlier post.

I did a session of No. 1 Fat Burning exercises. I am up to 12 now. I use 10 lb. weights and on the overhead press part I do 5 rather than 1. I do Sun Salutes as a stretch before and also again as a stretch after. They really do keep me from getting sore. I am going to try to do them faster and work up to 15 sets.

That was yesterday. Today I have step aerobics. My eating doesn't change much. I will have the bran muffin w/pills before step aerobics. I will finish off the beef stir fry for lunch. I may hard boil some eggs today and make a tuna salad for supper. Don't know yet. I will make a big bowl of salad today. Love my salad spinner. If you don't have one, get one!

Hope all of you have a great day!


4 comments:

  1. See, this is just the kind of thing I need to remind me to boil some eggs. Cuz' I love 'em and forget to do it ahead of time.
    I love reading other peoples 'eats'. It gets me out of ruts. And helps me not to sneak in too much easy food that could lead to weight gain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to have hard boiled eggs on hand at all times. They are a quick thing to grab and are good in things like tuna and chicken salad. I sometimes have them as my protein at a meal. I was sneaking in easy food as I mentioned above. Even though it was the good stuff it has calories (when will I get that through my head?) Take care.

      Delete
  2. I do do so so need me a spinner.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't get it done remember Christmas, birthday, and other holidays are perfect things to ask for as your gift. Your salad will last so much longer and be crisper if you spray water on it and spin out the excess before refrigerating it. Take care.

      Delete