Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, September 30, 2012

Today

I weighed 181 this morning which is down 1.5 lb. from last Sunday. I have no clue why I am up .5 lb. from my sneak peak the other morning but it happens.

Today is the last Sunday of the month and another lady and I take the 3 - 4 grade Sunday School class to the local nursing home. We walk through and stop in the rooms of the patients who are to themselves enough to enjoy singing "Jesus Loves Me". It's always heartwarming to see how many of them still know that song and those wonderful children who are willing to shake their hands and give them hugs.

If you ever want a reality check and appreciate that all you have to do is lose some weight go and visit a nursing home.

Today we are going to meet our son halfway between us for lunch. He lives in the Fort Wayne area and we meet in Portland at a Mexican restaurant called "Bandidos". I will have a chicken taco salad without the tortilla bowl telling them to just put the salad part on the the plate. I sometimes enjoy a margarita but mixed drinks are getting so expensive - $6 - $8 that I think I'll skip it. I haven't even had any wine for quite some time now and really don't miss it. I have also lost my taste for sweets. Both are good things. That restaurant always brings a bowl of chips with small bowls of salsa and refried beans. I will probably have a taste of each. I remember the days when I was full of chips and those dips when the meal arrived and was ready for my second margarita. Enough of that noise.

Have a wonderful, blessed Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. I used to order the largest margarita possible.. WITH an extra shot... and sometimes I would have two of those :o) I was never much of a drinker, but I think of all the things I have given up/eliminated I miss having drinks once a month-ish most of all. But then I think of all the sugar and what that will do to set off my cravings for the next week and it just doesn't seem worth it. I have a feeling it will happen in the next few months though... I haven't had a drink since Jan!!!! But then that was also the last time I was able to go out and karaoke, which can only be done with the power of alcohol lol. I also know that since it's been so long, two drinks will probably have me dancing on the tables lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of trade-offs as we go and if we think about it, all are trading off something less healthy for a better way to live. It's all been worth it don't you think? Take care.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your visit/lunch today! I cut drinking out of my life on Jan. 1, 2010, because I realized it just didn't fit in with the rest of my lifestyle. I honestly didn't drink very often the last several years prior to stopping, but when I did drink, let's just say I made it count. It just seemed like unnecessary baggage to me, one more "thing" to wrestle with, debate "should I? Shouldn't I?" "how much is moderation?, how much can I 'get away with' on my 'diet' " type of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much better to set boundaries and stick to them rather than to keep "testing" the limits. We are back home now and it was nice to see Isaac. He has been working so much that it just hasn't been possible. I did order the taco salad on the plate but did overdo the chips and dips a bit - I'm going to skip supper to atone a bit. Take care.

      Delete