Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Threats From Genetically Modified Foods

GMO's are something I haven't paid much attention to but this article makes clear the importance of eating organic as much as possible, growing as much of our own food as we can, and using heirloom varieties.

I will now only be using seeds from heirloom varieties in my garden. I already knew that seeds from hybrids could not be saved because the result from those seeds would not be the same as the plant from which the seed was saved. The heirloom varieties are sometimes not quite as "pretty" as hybrids but "pretty" isn't the objective.

I usually choose organic if I can afford it. I am going to make more of a point of doing this.

I have noticed since I stopped using weed killers so much I now have lady bugs (a beneficial insect) back in the yard again.

Even city dwellers and those who live in apartments can garden on a small scale in pots on a porch or balcony in large pots. Do a little research and you will find all kinds of information. I saw a TV show once of an apartment building with a garden in large pots on the roof. It might take some creativity but it can be done. Start planning now.

I know I read once that a theory of why girls are starting their periods earlier and boys are maturing earlier is the growth hormones fed to cattle/pigs/etc. We eat the meat and the effect is earlier maturation.

To your health!! (mine too)

No comments:

Post a Comment