Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sense of Entitlement

I am having those feelings that I think everyone has when we feel like we have done everything right and have a small loss. I felt entitled to more than a 1/2 lb. loss when I have been getting hungry to the point of a dull headache and my stomach has been growling.

It isn't because I haven't been eating enough.
It isn't because I have been exercising a little more and muscle weighs more than fat.
Menopause happened a couple decades ago.
I have been doing low-carb for quite some time so it's not too many carbs.
I have been getting the water in.

Things like this just happen. I have been looking forward to the next digit. I guess I will be looking a little longer. I remember when in WW that I would have a week like this and have a hold or only a small loss and that sense of entitlement would appear. I also remember times I would go in feeling really fat and have a significant loss. I accepted the losses I didn't feel entitled to a lot better than the small losses when I felt entitled to a nice loss. As many say, a loss is a loss but a big loss is a big loss too :-). I can also deal with this a lot better when it happens to other people :-) I guess things like this keep us humble.

This is a lifestyle change so onward I go.

Be careful out there today and have a blessed Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Totally get ya here. It's the consistency that will save us from falling into old habits. That and the way we feel overall- which is certainly much better! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. The new lifestyle is the answer. We just keep on going regardless of occasional fluctuations. Be careful out there today.

      Delete