Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, September 17, 2012

Regrets?

Cat gave me the idea for this post. She blogged that "You'll never regret the workout you did." How about the one we didn't do?

Many of my regrets are over things I didn't do rather than over things that I have done.

I didn't:

exercise today
eat right today
drink enough water
say "I'm sorry"
clean the house
get some yard work done
spend some time in prayer
reach a goal that was completely reachable
send a card to someone
give my best effort at work

I have never come out of the gym and thought to myself, "I wish I hadn't done that."
The next morning after a day of eating right I haven't said, "Well, that won't happen again - what was I thinking?"
I have never felt worse after apologizing.

Maybe if we kept in mind that we will regret not exercising and get our workout done - same for the eating and the drinking of the water and all the other things on the list. You can probably add some of your own.

I would regret still weighing 230 lb.

Take care.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes. If we would just keep in mind the consequences before we make choices things would go better for us. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I can tell you first hand that no one on their deathbed has said, "I regret taking care of my health."

    You may recall (I wrote about it a bit earlier in the summer) that a close friend of mine, 42 years old, died in June after 20 months with leukemia that involved a total of seven months' hospitalization, two rounds of rad/chemo and a bone marrow transplant. My friend was a lifelong healthy/fit person, a certified yoga instructor for over 15 years who owned her own studio, a runner of many 5K races, a clean eater who had not touched red meat or most processed foods for 20 years. Back in February, when it became clear that the disease could not be stopped, she CONTINUED to eat properly and exercise as much as she could manage to. One of the last times I visited her, just a week before she died, I asked her if she was angry that after having taken such good care of herself she ended up so sick, while we could name a dozen people off the top of our heads who drink to excess, smoke cigarettes, live on fast food, etc. who are doing just fine. And she said NO, that she could face death without guilt because she knew she hadn't done anything to bring this on herself, whereas if she'd been living a less healthy lifestyle and become terminally ill, the guilt she would have felt at leaving her kids motherless, etc., would have been much more overwhelming.

    I always say that if I knew a meteor was going to crash down on me tomorrow, I would still work out today. I think I would, anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very touching story. Hopefully we can all face death knowing we did our part concerning our health. I don't want to suffer in my later years. It can be avoided to a great extent I think. Our quality of life is up to us for the most part. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Very true! I never regret a workout but sure do regret not doing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be our guiding thought don't you think? Take care.

      Delete