Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Nice Surprise

I went to Sam's Club in Indianapolis with my cousin. She has a membership and can take one guest so I usually mooch and get in and shop on her card.

I decided to get some jeans. I wore a 20W when I started getting serious about getting this weight off and have been wearing a Size 16 (no W). I wanted a pair of Size 14 jeans to have as a goal. I bought them, got them home, and decided to try them on to see how close I was to getting into them without jumping off the roof. To my surprise, they went up easily and I wore them with a belt when I met some friends for lunch yesterday. Guess I need a Size 12 - no more "teen" sizes and definitely no more "W" with my size. I have ordered two dresses that I am expecting to be a little small so they can be my goal I guess.

I got the book, Practical Paleo, and am enjoying it so far. I think Jenn is doing the same thing. I tried a recipe today for chicken thighs basted with a mixture of butter, dijon mustard, salt/sage mix - 12 thighs - 425 degrees, 45 minutes. There are several left for future meals. I like that all the recipes make enough for two meals. I made my own balsamic vinaigrette dressing from a recipe in the book that was good as well.

We are trying to get ready for a community yard sale and it is raining. Bummer. Hopefully I will be able to get some more stuff out early in the morning. People who yard sale always show up early it seems. Lots of books and CD's to get rid of. It's amazing what can be found to put out for sale just going through some things.

I got the letter from Social Security about my earnings. I can only earn $14,640 before being penalized. I have already earned over $16,000 so I owe them back about $1,000 so I called ATM Solutions and told them we were going to have to knock it off until the end of the year. I also told them Nathan was looking for work and they are doing the background work on him I think. They also told me I could not work there if they hired him because of a policy about hiring family. I guess a father/son duo that used to work for them stole a bunch of money. Couldn't any two people who work for a company put their heads together and steal? I have worked there 18 years, have not called in sick once, know what I am doing, and they are short of help. Go figure. I am really looking forward to it - will have to adjust the budget as this will be a big hit to the income. Our only debt is our home equity line of credit so we can do it.


10 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!! I mean HUGE CONGRATS!! I remember my first pair of 'normal' size jeans. It felt so good.

    You are amazing - keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I guess I am having a little trouble with the body image thing. You are pretty amazing yourself! Take care.

      Delete
  2. That is awesome! Regular 14...congrats! I'm getting a size 10 pair of jeans the next time I go to the thrift store...just to have on hand for motivation. Great job Myra:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good feeling to get into something that originally was too small isn't it? You are doing so well. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks. You hang in there. That weight has to come off. You just need to find what works - perhaps work with a dietician? Take care.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on hitting some of your weight loss goals!!

    Yes, I am still cooking out of my Practial Paleo book daily! I also love that there is enough food left over for extra meals!! I'm so excited to meet the author at the end of the month at a local book signing. Let me know if you have questions for her, I will ask on your behalf!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Can't think of any questions for the author of Practical Paleo but let us know about the book signing. Take care.

      Delete
  5. How wonderful and weird...
    Wonderful that you got the fabulous surprise of fitting into something you didn't think you could. You might be heading into a time like I did when I fit into a 10 for the first time in I didn't know how long and then suddenly they were a little loose before I knew it. I'll hope so for you!
    Weird hiring policy, but hey congrats to you for being able to handle a downsize in your working time. Love that you are planning and ready for that time.
    P.S.- Thanks for the lovely comments on my nephew posting. He really is such a joy and gives me so much back in his own way. I do what I can to give him an example of a better life and hope for the future by instilling a true brand of self esteem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to the extra time that will be mine when not working. I am concentrating on being content with what I have. Your nephew is a blessing I am sure. You will be the rock he needs when life gets tough as it most undoubtedly will. Take care.

      Delete