Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Headache

I woke up last night very hungry and with a dull headache. I never get headaches so I knew it was hunger. What do you do if and when this happens to you?

I got up for a while and ate a 1/2 cup serving of the trail mix I described in an earlier post. I read for a while and went back to bed and slept.

Bible Study Fellowship begins today and I am ready to begin for this school year. We are studying the book of Genesis this whole year which tells you how deeply we study. The first hour is small groups where we discuss the questions we were to have answered over the assigned scripture. The second hour is lecture over the assigned scripture. I have learned a lot. I am going to read Charles Fillmore's book about Genesis and read and study from a more metaphysical point of view. His book talks about ideas which become plans which are manifested. You may have read about Divine Mind or heard God described this way. Creation was an idea which was planned and then manifested. We are a manifestation. Thoughts are things. They bring about results.

He also says all manifestation was first an idea which then became a plan that was manifested. We manifest a healthy meal. We manifest working out. We manifest a binge. We manifest our career. We manifest our lives.

Be careful out there today.



7 comments:

  1. Hope you've found relief for your headache.
    Guess I'm not very metaphysical....
    but I DO know the power of the mind--that "as we think...so we are".

    Since doing the Fast-5 program, when I DO have a hunger pang, I tell remind myself that the "window" will open in "x" number of minutes/hours; that I can wait; that I haven't collapsed from hunger since beginning the first of February; that a drink of water is an option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My headache went away and I was able to sleep after a small amount to eat. That is one great thing about my food plan. I can choose to eat or not eat when truly hungry but a dull headache is not something I want so I ate a little bit. I am looking forward to BSF this year. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I usually do almond milk with some chocolate. Most of my headaches are resolved by chocolate, haha :) At least I try to use the dark kind, that's good right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dark kind is VERY good and it does have some health benefits. I use it as a dessert occasionally. It is not a trigger food so I can stop easily and that's key. Take care.

      Delete
    2. I do, too. I get the 72% dark (I read somewhere it has to be over 70%).. and I love it.

      Delete
    3. I too have heard that dark chocolate should be at least 70%. I get the 90% so I feel really virtuous :-) It is a little bitter but I still like it - it is also easier to stop. Take care.

      Delete