Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, September 20, 2012

Choices

Joy had a great post today. It's one of those "what was I thinking?" posts.

She decided she couldn't lose 100 lbs. if she didn't first lose 5 or 10 or more. It works the same in reverse.

Temptation is everywhere and so is what seems to be the easy way out.

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." From Scripture.

Joy caught herself thinking and considering going down a path - a self-destructive one. We must immediately put those thoughts to death. Immediately replace those dark thoughts with an affirmation. One that has been particularly helpful to me is, "Thy vitalizing energy floods my whole consciousness, and I am healed." After meditating on this I begin to think of where I need to be healed.

gluttony
sloth
impatience
angry reactions
greed

I am sure your list may be different from mine.

My daily reading from Emmet fox contained this:

If you seem to lack strength, ask God to give you what you need. Remember you can build any quality into your mentality by meditating upon that quality every day. You have created your limited self by thinking and you can destroy it at any moment by thinking a new pattern. Why do we not change from day to day, and week to week, from glory to glory, until our friends can scarcely recognize us for the same man or woman? Why should we not march around the world looking like gods, and feeling it; healing instantaneously all who come to us; reforming the sinner, setting captives free? The spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the broken-hearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound. (Isaiah 61:1)

Many of us are or have been in bondage to food/eating. Our thoughts keep us there. Our thoughts will also set us free.

I recommend you read Emmet Fox. He is metaphysical in his writings. He believes strongly in the power of thought.

Be careful out there today and keep watch over your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment