Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, September 14, 2012

Body Sculpt part two

Body sculpt was easy and enjoyable so did not even work up a sweat. I think it might be wise to do the spinning as well for the aerobic work.

Body sculpt was as I expected. Weights and floor work. Body weight things.

Tomorrow morning (Saturday) the Golay Center opens at 8 a.m. so I think I will just go on over there and do my own thing in the weight room and spend some time on the elliptical. I don't think I will use the machines anymore. I am not reading good things about them. Free weights are better due to the balancing that needs to be done with the core and the opposing muscles. The machines do not let you perform movements in a natural way like when you carry or lift things.

I can't swim or I would consider swimming some laps. I can dog paddle a little. It's kind of a pain to change, shower, swim, shower, dress, etc. although swimming does work every muscle in the body. It's just not my thing. I have taken water aerobics before and it's OK. The Golay Center is starting a class of Zumba in the water. I am not that crazy about Zumba either. Picky, Picky.

If I don't get in my exercising done early, the chances become slimmer and slimmer that I will get it done as the day goes by. How about you? I know some people work out in the morning and get dressed for work at the gym. Some have no choice but to wait until the evening. Just so we get it done, right?

Take care.


Take care.

10 comments:

  1. Just get it done is right!!

    Since I have little kids right now, it's just easier for me to get it done in the morning. Too many variables get in the way if I put it off until later in the day.

    I'm picky about my exercise as well - but it's important to spend time doing what we like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your foot heals quickly so that you can get back to some physical activity that you are having to give up for now. I would be afraid of re-injuring it and having to do the healing all over again. I have torn a muscle before (at least I think that's what I did) and it was about 2 years before I didn't have any twinges of pain anymore. We were doing flies with weights and I felt that pop. Not good. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I can't swim either! *hangs head in shame as I grew up five minutes from the ocean and have never lived more than a 15 minute drive from a beach*

    I love working out as early as possible, it just seems like the best way to get the day started. I used to take some evening classes which I enjoyed, too, but if I have to pick one or the other, I definitely prefer AM.

    Enjoy your workout today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The longer I wait the more excuses I have. The reason I quit going to Jazzercise when the weather got nice in the spring was because it was at 5:30 p.m. and I would have had to stop what I was doing in the yard or garden and clean up to go exercise and then come back to work in the dirt. It just wasn't going to happen. I did keep up step aerobics which is at 8:15 a.m. I definitely do better in the morning. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I've never been a huge fan of "artificial" exercise (but neither would I consider myself an extremely active person). Now, at age 63, I'm more conscious of and committed to incorporating "natural" movement, activity, and effort into everyday chores.

    Seems like there's always some new class or stream of exercise calling for fees, equipment, inconvenient scheduling, etc.

    Hmmm. I think I'll POST about this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking forward to reading that post. I am assuming you are doing your stretching :-)? I do think it's important to get the heart rate up. Our hearts and lungs are muscles and need to be worked to stay strong just like any other muscle. I hope this makes you feel guilty and you will do something aerobic. Take care.

      Delete
    2. I DO walk - try to do about 2 15 minute miles without ever missing 2 days in a row. So depending on the week 4-5 days....

      Delete
  4. Yes I admit swimming is a pain to do all of that changing, etc, but I love it. I went to Pilates on Monday night and as i passed the pool with it's mostly empty lanes, it was calling out to me! :) haha

    I think it's great to try new things, but if they don't work for you, then don't do 'em! Some people just try to hard and end up making themselves miserable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I think swimming is one of the best exercises there is because there is no impact on the joints and works every muscle in the body. It's just not for me. We all can find what is effective and works for us. Take care.

      Delete