Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, August 3, 2012

Trip Treats

Any of you have something you always treated yourself to on long trips?

It used to be a cappuccino for me. Now I know they are just a warm milkshake.

Yesterday I drove for 3 hours to spend some time with my first college room mate. My treat on the way was peanuts and some coffee with 1/2 decaf and 1/2 regular (blood pressure you know). I know peanuts are a legume and we are supposed to stick with tree nuts (walnuts, almonds, pecans). This is a treat? For me it was. Cappuccino sounded kind of nauseating.

I remember standing in line to get tickets at King's Island once and this little girl threw up in her hands. It looked like chocolate for breakfast to me. Chocolate donuts, chocolate milk, and whatever else Mom/Dad packed that was junk and not good for a child at anytime. It was hot which I am sure didn't help.

My friend and I ate at Red Lobster last night. I was still not hungry before going to aerobics so didn't eat. When I got home I had my usual Raisin Bran muffin. I will probably have one more meal today - a large salad, get all the water in, and that will be that.

I just got a call. It's about 11 a.m. and they want me to do the 4 ATM's in Indiana. I can get my tonic down in the car as I drive so off I go!

Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about how road trips have changed so much for me of late. Road trips (and traveling in general) used to be an excuse to be off track of whatever "diet" I was on at the time. Now that I am making lifestyle changes...well, I don't eat differently when I travel. It isn't always easy but can be done. Sounds like you did well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you and I have just figured out that we were playing games and using any excuse we could find to eat unwisely. Why make ourselves feel poorly just because we are out of our usual routine? I read so many bloggers who do this. An off-plan meal doesn't have to mean a binge or a week of struggling anymore. Be careful out there today.

      Delete