Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, August 4, 2012

Out of Control?

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/08/02/not-losing-weight-here-why/?intcmp=features

I steal all kinds of stuff from my sister's blog - jensgyrations.blogspot. com  - couldn't resist the picture below and the article above is interesting - some of it is a reminder and some of it is more common sense.

Have you ever felt like this kid looks? Out of control. Heading for disaster.

Some of us aren't very good drivers at times and we get ourselves into situations we don't deal with very well. What kind of a deductible do we have on our weight loss policy? Do we pay 5 lb. before getting back in control?  10? more? How much have some of us paid in the past? I know I have gained all the weight I lost back plus some. I have finally learned how to drive. How about you? I know where I am going, how to get there, and have both hands on the wheel.

10 comments:

  1. I always thought I was a great driver..I don't know how I thought THAT since I was bumping into every twist and turn!! Blind driving, that's what I had been doing. Blind and deceived :)

    Thing are better now-much better. Now, I have BOTH hands on the driving wheel and I'm on my way to getting my PERMIT (HA)!! :) Both my eyes are wide open and I can see, really see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a great feeling? It is a calm peacefulness that is willing to wait and let the progress happen and it will if we keep driving in the correct lane and being vigilant and not taking our eyes off the road. Take care

      Delete
  2. That's a great analogy, Myra. I don't want to have to go back to "remedial" driving classes again! Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Why be reckless? Reckless drivers get tickets in the form of extra pounds. Take care.

      Delete
  3. LOVE this! I am done with paying over and over! I've finally learned how to drive as well. It's very liberating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peacefulness that comes from being in control, knowing what to do, and applying what we have learned is priceless. It is worth the wait and now we know it. No more speeding!! Be careful out there today.

      Delete
  4. Steal all you want, what are sisters for? Love the analogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get lots of good ideas at your blog!

      Delete
  5. Just popping by to say "hello" ... can't catch up, but trying to still...
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete