Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our Minds Need To See

Your Feet Can Only Go Where Your Mind Can See                            Bill Winston

After hearing this saying,  I’ve been paying attention to what my mind sees.
Does my mind see me waking up all of a sudden and someone just giving me $1MM?
Does my mind see me suddenly speaking in front of large audiences just because they saw one flyer?
Does my mind see me waking up and "(your name here), I now am a healthy body size?"

Or does my mind see me doing what it takes and making choices necessary  to have $1MM, to be a six figure speaker or to have a healthy body size?
 
I have a dream wall of all these things.  But my mind has to see me doing what it takes.  My mind has to see me making choices.  My mind has to see me making sacrifices.

And then my feet will follow.

I have a new friend Linda who sent me this in an email. Do we dream too much and do too little? Do we wish, hope, long for, and pray for normal weight? That isn't how it works.  I have heard it said in Church that some people are "standing on the promises but sitting on the premises". Jesus said, "Go and make disciples", "Feed my sheep", "Take care of widows and orphans". He didn't say sit around and think about it.  These phrases all start with an action verb.

If our feet are not going in the right direction our minds must not be seeing where we want to be. Our minds have to be on board. Each action is first a thought. Each thing we determine to do or not do is first decided upon in our minds. Let's start each day with the resolve to finish it closer to where we want to be.


8 comments:

  1. I like that last sentence - it sums it up - finishing each day closer to where we want to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we will just take care of today then all our tomorrows will be a success as well and we will one day reach our goal and think, "It wasn't all that bad after all". Take care.

      Delete
  2. Great post! It's like the book, The Secret, about the law of attraction. Our lives mirror our thoughts, so if we think negatively about something, then it's more likely to happen and vice versa. Gotta be grateful and positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - "If you expect the worst, it will be worse than you expected." That also works in reverse. Take care.

      Delete
  3. This is a good break down of what visualization should be like and what it can do for us. I have been very pleasantly surprised when I have actually put into motion my direct desires and plans. Sometimes it is uncanny how just really putting it out there and 'seeing' what I must do can change things for the better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can "program" ourselves for success I think. Our minds are very powerful and we all need to tap into that wonderful source of strength. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I needed this today. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to help. Tough times don't last but tough people do. I know you are one of the tough ones. Take care.

      Delete