Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Angle

***So much of what we call management consists in making it difficult for people to work. ~~ Peter Drucker

Too many cooks spoil the stew (or something like that).

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Do you know of any others?

I have spent countless hours planning, journaling, fussing, thinking, organizing, gathering information, and many other activities that keep me focused on eating/food. Why can't I just do it as Nike would say. I already know what to do. I have done it before. Do I really need to buy another book?

There's nothing wrong with educating ourselves. Don't get me wrong. I am wondering if these are just stalling tactics. "Everything has to be just right, perfect, in order for me to get started." Then when I messed up once again it was due to lack of information; the plan didn't work; there was a flaw in my methods. It's time to buy another book and try something else.

I have TWO books coming in the mail. This is really it this time.

Are you guilty of this?




8 comments:

  1. I don't think it should matter. I have spent countless $$$ on things I thought would help me get on track, stay on track, and educate me. Books, cookbooks, exercise equipment, you name it. I don't consider it wasted because eventually my interest peaks and I try something new. What ever it takes to allow me to live in a healthy body was worth the money... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atta girl. You have a healthy attitude towards this. I guess it shows that we want to do something about our weight and are educating ourselves and preparing to do so. Take care.

      Delete
  2. I think that people do this because if you immerse yourself in buying books/equipment or gym membership there is this little voice inside your head saying "you've just spent $$$$ so it's time to get to work and start doing it". Or that's the case for me.

    I really do believe that it all helps. When I look back on my weight loss in the last 12 years since being at goal weight, I cringe. I cringe when I read the old posts and my ideas. But I don't regret any of it. Learning to loose weight and keep it off is like a baby learning to walk. It doesn't happen overnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It for sure doesn't happen overnight. I have been at it for all of my adult life. I was just musing the other day about why do I have to spend money on things like aerobics classes and gym memberships when I could do it all at home. I know I won't so get out the checkbook. That's just the way it is. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I always purchase things I think I will use, then never do. I'm getting better, but it takes a lot of work and "talking myself down". I'd hate to see how much I have spent over the years and actually saved if I didn't waste my money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, I am actually one of the very few people I know who have done this whole weight loss thing only once. Don't worry. I'm not all righteous about this at all. Helps that I didn't even bother to try losing weight until I was 37 years old. Oh, and I watched many family members do it over and over and over... I like to learn by watching others and I almost let my fear of what they had done make me miss out completely. I think you just have to be emotionally 'there' and truly ready. Otherwise, it's all excuses- just like mine were...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being ready is key. Recognizing our excuses and the games we play is another. Many weight loss bloggers are just out to make friends and get validation for their immature weight loss efforts. Maybe they will "get it" one day; I sure hope so. Take care.

      Delete