Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Morning Tonic

http://rawfoodinfo.com/articles/art_cidervingarlichoney.html

Any of you have an opinion on this? My cousin swears her arthritis improved significantly from taking this.

I put it in my morning "tonic" which is:

In my 32 oz. water bottle I put 1 cup of  a mixture of a digestive tea (senna). We use a quart jar for brewing and put two senna tea bags and two bags of another tea of our choice. Hey Al - don't even think about trying this. I tried drinking senna tea full strength and believe you me I was ready for a colonoscopy soon thereafter. You will not be able to hold it. Ask me how I know.

Anyway - back to the tonic - 1 cup digestive tea mixture, 2 tsp. of this garlic/honey/ACV mixture, a serving of beetroot juice (good for blood pressure), and a serving of powdered L-arginine (also good for blood pressure). I top off the bottle with water adding two packs of stevia sweetener for taste. I usually let it get cold in the refrigerator and then it is my first 32 oz. of liquid for the day.

What doesn't kill me makes me stronger - isn't that how it goes?

Hope all of you are in charge of your choices today.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if it would help with arthritis, but it would keep you regular:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Regularity is not a problem at all now. I just have to be careful with it - no more than the cup of half strength tea a day or---. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Interesting...Personally, I just don't "get into" all the extra stuff. Have found as much arthritic relief from keeping the weight off, eating balanced meals & moderate activity.

    Seems there are so many "quirky" things out there - and constantly changing - that in the long run it's just easier for me to stick with the basics.

    I'm thankful for the health I enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider my health to be one of my greatest blessings. This isn't really quirky in my opinion. It is just some everyday things we all have around. It's kind of like cinnamon, turmeric, and other herbs that have beneficial effects to me. Take care.

      Delete
  3. I have heard a lot of good stuff about ACV from people of all different walks of life and fitness philosophies; haven't gotten into using it myself, however. I DO have a cup of senna tea (or iced tea, in the summer) every night before bed though. Runs like clockwork. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ACV does have many good properties about it. The senna tea is the ticket for regularity - just have to be careful with it. Hope you are doing well.

      Delete