Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, August 3, 2012

Firm Grasp of the Obvious

 NOT

***The obscure we see eventually.  The completely obvious, it seems, takes longer.  ~Edward R. Murrow

from jensgyrations.blogspot.com

How long has it taken many of us to finally get it? How long have we danced around the obvious truths that we try to obscure by "majoring in the minors".

It isn't if we weigh ourselves or not.
It isn't if we track our food or not.
It isn't if we blog or not.

We do see it but we want to find another way that is easier and faster. Our situation is special somehow. There are extenuating circumstances that means it works differently for us.  I used to try to convince myself that I had some kind of glandular problem - something that made it nearly impossible for me to lose weight. That helped me accept my obesity as out of my control.  I remember wishing I would get terribly ill and lose weight - anything but buckling down and getting serious about doing what I needed to do.


Today remind yourself that nothing is too good to be true. Your great hopes can be realized. Your most wonderful dreams can come true. All that you really need, you can have. An incredible goodness is operating on your behalf. Do not think of lack. Instead think prosperity, abundance, the best of everything. God wants to give you, His child, every good thing. Don't hinder His generosity.
 

Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, 1898-1993American Author and Inspirational Speaker

Do we think it's too good to be true that we could be at a healthy weight and in control? Do we think it's too good to be true that we can get in shape and enjoy physical activity? 

"If we expect the worst, it will be worse than we expected."    -unknown 


Let's stop looking at other people who are slim, healthy, and active and thinking "it's not fair". Life is not fair, get used to it. Just because they seem to look perfect doesn't mean they don't have problems. They do. 


Be kind to everyone today. Everyone is fighting some kind of a battle.


Take care.






2 comments:

  1. It's taken me a L-O-N-G time. Much too long.

    Thankful to be where I am today. Determined to do MY part to stay in shape and enjoy the life I have...

    ReplyDelete