Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, August 9, 2012

A New Friend

Ve is new to my list of blogs that I follow. She is very practical and doesn't play around with excuses. She just writes the truth without trying to gloss over setbacks. We all need to face what we have done and deal with it without having a tantrum. I think you might swing over there and read some of what she has written.

She has about 30 lb. to go just like me and is facing some complacency just like me. We both need to finish what we started. I am loving no more "X" with the sizes on my tops, and no more "W" with the sizes on my jeans. I love that my legs aren't rubbing together anymore. My energy level is up. I am exercising regularly and doing many things just because I feel like it now. Not carrying around that extra 45 lb. everywhere I go just makes moving easier. People are calling me "skinny" and telling me I have lost enough. I am tall and carry weight well. People always guess me weighing much less than I do. Why would I ever want to undo any of that?

As we all know, the way to get more followers is to leave comments at the blogs of others because that is how I find blogs that interest me. If I read a comment that is well written and well thought out I go check out that person's blog. Listing our favorite blogs on our blog rolls is also a way to help each other out. We then have to deal with losing a follower. I wonder why that bothers me. I noticed my blog wasn't listed on the blog roll of a person that I follow. I was getting many visits through that blog. Nothing I can do about it. I stop following blogs and rearrange my blog roll occasionally as well.  I think many of us tend to be thin skinned about that. We view it as a put down but it isn't. Our blog just doesn't "fit" anymore. I try not to be over sensitive about it but I have to honestly say I think about it. My feelings used to be hurt if I lost a follower or wasn't on someone's blog roll anymore but it really isn't that big of a deal if we are writing for ourselves and we have many followers left who comment and have become good friends.

How about you?

4 comments:

  1. I used to think about it a lot if I lost a follower or noticed I wasn't on sombody's blog roll anymore. BUT now that I have evolved a bit in my 'journey,' blogs that I started out reading aren't necessarily a fit for me anymore. So being that I just spent some time rearranging my own blog list, now I understand why people would or wouldn't read my blog and I'm no longer offended by it.

    I have a small & solid group of people who comment regularly and that I feel a more a personal relationship with - now if I lost some of them, I would be a sad. It's a fine line between not getting invested in a 'stranger' and not being able to help caring about someone when you read about their life every day. Lots of interesting dynamics here in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am more comfortable with myself and my opinions about things. I know people come and go on my blog and I have to allow them the same freedom without being offended when I notice someone is gone or I am not on someone's blog roll anymore. I guess it's a sign of emotional maturity - good thing. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Myra, was it me you described? About a month or two ago Blogger dropped half of my blog roll (rather annoying since it takes ages to build it up to the 250 maximum again), I built it up again but sorry that I missed you. I've added you. I hope that it doesn't happen again. Reading your posts I'm really happy that you've only got 30lb to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't you but thanks for adding me back and for being a faithful reader. This last 30 lbs. will be harder than the first 45 lbs. but it must be done. Take care.

      Delete