Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, July 25, 2012

This 'N That

While sitting in the armored truck while Anthony goes in and replenishes ATM's I have been catching up on my daily readings. I have three on my Kindle. Daily readings are inspiring to me and I have the one by Emmett Fox, C.S. Lewis, and OA. I was behind and am now caught up on the first two and will probably get caught up on the OA one tomorrow.

Still trying to get pity--I have been getting up at 4 a.m. to drive a little over two hours to get there, drive/sit all day, drive home and I have been getting home about 6 p.m. Long day. Tomorrow it's over. I did do 15 more of the No. 1 Fat Burning Exercise yesterday and wasn't quite so sore. I am sure the stretching helped. I have also made more of my egg salad with avocado in it.

I liked the statement I read about "drying tears, scouring stains".  We can all probably relate that to our lives at some time or another. Tears are liquid prayers and most of us have shed many of them I am sure. Stains could be the mistakes we have made and regret. We just have to accept that that was probably the best we could do at the time. I try to forgive others by thinking that of them when I have felt slighted or mistreated. Stains are hard to get out aren't they?

I liked one of the readings from Emmett Fox on prayer - "We certainly cannot expect to go on breaking the laws of the plane on which we live, and expect prayer to compensate for this foolishness." I have noticed Christians saying that God looks on the heart, He loves me like I am, and other such platitudes.  There are verses that also talk about idolatry and greed - read Ephesians 5:5 - what does the disobedient heart look like? God does what we cannot do for ourselves, not what we can do. We can control our eating and our activity if we make that choice.

One of the OA readings had a saying to begin with - "Pray to God, but continue to row to shore" - Russian proverb.

Another - "It is better to begin in the evening than not at all" - English proverb - It came to me that people want some kind of demarcation for beginning fresh and new. That's why they wait for tomorrow or Monday or January 1 - they need a finish line for the craziness so they run really hard to get all the food in they can before that magic finish line - I know, I've done it. Gwen Shamblin of the Weigh Down Workshop says to push your "restart" button - waiting until Monday means we really don't want to do it. Start now. I have said that myself but I have needed a new day or a new week myself. It was just a way of making what I was doing at the moment (stuffing my face) seem OK somehow.

Where I am today is a fine place to start. Remember we would not have to start over if we would quit stopping.

I'll probably have more material after a day in the armored truck again tomorrow.

Be careful out there.

If you have a personal trainer or are one - there are some cute gifts here:

http://shop.cafepress.com/personal-trainer?cmp=fb_PersonalTrainer-f&pid=6673149&utm_medium=display&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=fb_personaltrainer-f


6 comments:

  1. You made good use of your sitting-in-the-truck time. Those are good/challenging thoughts. The ones about the restart button & the "Christian platitudes" & the "we wouldn't have to start over if we'd stop quitting" resonate with me....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got something from this - I appreciate the remarks. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Loving that you don't waste any time that is given to you. Driving around a lot means lots of time sitting. That must be tough. Exercise the mind when you can't exercise the body...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I have to have something to do. We were at a couple stops yesterday where I could "people watch" which is very interesting. It takes all kinds for sure. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Very good use of your time. Also, thank you so much for sharing the wisdom and ideas you have gained. I also like to "people watch." It never ceases to amaze me that our world is made up of so many diverse (not racial) people. I love it, and it's what makes the world go around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to think ahead when I know I will be in the truck all day. If you don't have a Kindle - I recommend it. Take care.

      Delete