Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My First Session

I was able to do 15 of the "No. 1 Fat Burning Exercise" (see a couple posts back if you don't know what this is).  I don't know if I should do them faster for more of an aerobic effect or more slowly for the muscle effect. I think I would rather build more muscle because that affects the resting metabolic rate. Who doesn't want to burn more calories just sitting still? The front of my thighs are where I feel it the most. Now if it doesn't make my back hurt, I'm good to go. I didn't think to take some Ibuprofen before I did this to help prevent the back pain. I'll remember next time.

I have to run the route tomorrow and pick up son #1 at the airport. He is back from Washington state where he has been training ROTC recruits. He has been gone 6 weeks. The grocery bill is about to double. He is in the Army and is a weight lifter. When home, he does all the laundry and hangs it out. He does all the dishes and a lot of the cooking. We have enough wood for winter heat for at least 3 winters because he loves to cut wood.

Still no rain here. Still carrying watering cans all over the creation. Surely it will rain soon.

I went in for a nurse check of my blood pressure and it was 138/76 - so so so much better. It was 193 on the top amount a month ago. Perhaps I can pass the DOT physical now for driving the company car and armored trucks. They only gave me a 3 month extension because it was in the 160's over the 90's when I went for the physical - bummer. The limit to pass is 140 on the top.

Take care.

8 comments:

  1. Great improvement on the blood pressure! You're doing something right:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh. This is a tough battle but lowering my blood pressure is important. Maybe when I get the rest of my weight off, it will be even better. Take care.

      Delete
  2. You must be on the right track. Hope you won't need to worry about this for much longer. What a gift to yourself to be healthier all around. I know it can be annoying when it has to come by way of some 'corporate demand', but sometimes the things we need don't come in nice packages. Darn it...
    I remember you said you were doing a natural remedy as well. Are you still doing that? Whatever works as long as there is no harm, I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stopped the natural remedy because my heart was taking spells of beating fast and hard. It still does it but not so bad. I am just going to see if the prescription meds work. We all need to be careful of our health because I expect insurance companies will use that to determine premiums and co-pays before long. Take care.

      Delete
  3. 15 of those is great! That is a tough exercise. Go at a pace that requires some effort but where you are controlling the weights, not letting momentum/swinging do the work. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that from you because I know how intensely you work out. I used a 10 lb. weight in each hand. My thighs are really sore today. My back is just somewhat sore so I will have to find the spot where I am not over doing it. I will take ibuprofen before I begin and rub on some heat salve afterwards. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Myra, That is SO wonderful about your BP!

    Your exercise regime sounds like a good one. I know you are a disciplined person and will continue to do what you need to for optimum health.

    Son #1 sounds like a "dream"! I know you'll be blessed to have him around for however long he is there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca. when the nurse said 138/76 I was a bit shocked - especially after a 193 reading! Yes, Nathan is a blessing. He brings a lot of energy into the house. Take care.

      Delete