Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday, Monday

There was a song by that name back in the day. I weighed myself this morning and have regained 5 lb. Yikes! I haven't been weighing myself and haven't been exercising like I was. I generally wouldn't report that because people like me who like to tell others what to do sometimes don't take their own advice. It is always embarrassing to admit slip-ups but today after weighing (at least I am not out of my new digit) I decided to wait for a really strong growl which didn't happen until about noon. I am composing this at about 5 p.m. and still no growl so whatever. I kept telling myself today that it didn't matter if I didn't eat all morning. It doesn't matter if I bypass hunger even. I haven't been getting in my water like I should either. What did I expect? I haven't been eating sugars and carbs. I have just been eating my same usual things just not waiting until hunger and just eating because they were low carb. I think part of the problem is eating too much fruit. The peaches at the Amish store are wonderful. They are called "Contender" and I have ordered a tree for our yard. Watermelons must have a high sugar content because the next day after eating more watermelon than I should have the night before I had that craving, panic type of hunger and associated it with the watermelon. I read the cantaloupe is low-carb friendly so I have switched to that. My dad was diabetic and I remember Mom saying his sugar went sky high after he ate watermelon once.

This is the main danger of low-carb eating for me. It's easy to eat too much because there are lots of things that are very low-carb and eating them can still be kept within the range but eating too much. I guess I should weigh more often until things are back on track. I was down to 182.5 and looking forward to a new digit. This morning I weighed 187.5 - dang my hide. I was going to post a new picture when I got into the next digit. I have just delayed that now for a bit.

I could whine and talk about carrying a watering can in each hand all over the yard which should make up for not exercising. We are talking 10 or 12 trips from refilling to areas needing watered back in the back of the yard and out of reach of the sprinklers.

Whining wouldn't help much though would it?

I need to blog a little more often. I have been feeling like I had to have something profound to say first. I like Dr. James Merritt on Sunday morning. He was talking about second chances and how we will say that everybody deserves a second chance. None of us deserves a second chance. We get chance after chance after chance when it comes to weight loss and health don't we? When are all our chances used up? Is that why we mess around? There's always another chance (or so we think). This knowledge makes this chance less important. When we have lots of something, we don't value it as much.

Our Garden/Home tour went fine. The heat kept a lot of people away. Don and Libby owned one of the properties on the tour. He is very active and has created a beautiful yard. She is fat and lazy. She sits in the house and watches TV or works puzzles. He would love for her to do things with him but she is to the point where she can't even if she wanted to. She has an oxygen tank and fights to breath. She is digging her grave with a knife and fork. She cannot climb any steps. She has to hang on to things because she is so weak from not being able to breath. I see her and thank God I caught it before it got anywhere near that bad.

It is so sad to see people trading life for food like Libby has done. We went to a birthday party and she had to walk a short distance from the car to the house. When she got inside she had to lean against the wall to catch her breath. There were no steps - just a very slight incline up the driveway. The greatest sadness is she could change this but values food and eating more. It's sad but it's hard to feel sorry for someone who chooses to be that way.

Anyway - it's back to being serious and more disciplined for me. Hope you are doing better than I have been doing.

8 comments:

  1. I know a lot of people think it's harsh, but, like you, I lack sympathy when the person is making an obvious and conscious choice of gluttony and sloth. Total lack of self respect and for the body they have been given.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still feel sorry for her because it is so pathetic. She is a nice person but has chosen an early death. I can't do anything about it. Gluttony and sloth are terrible demons. I was on that path at one time. What makes one person change and another continue in self-destruction? Take care.

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean; I guess there is some pity in there (which I think is different than sympathy) when it's a person you know could do better but seems compelled to continue that self-destruction.

      Delete
    3. I try to keep this in perspective and not be too harsh because I know I could be just like that. "There but for the grace of God" and all that. It is within all of us to be truly terrible. Some overcome; others do not. Be careful out there today - always enjoy your input.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate that you have shared your challenges as well as your successes. I know that you will make the appropriate adjustments and that you're already back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am and thank you for the vote of confidence. This is just a temporary adjustment period. Keeps us humble, doesn't it? Take care.

      Delete
  3. Watermelon does the same thing to me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we will just have to stay away from that stuff (or use more sense than I did). Take care.

      Delete