Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, July 30, 2012

Easier Week

They don't need me to work extra this week so I am going to enjoy a little freedom and more time to get things done around here.

I had my raisin bran muffin for breakfast from the recipe I tweaked to make it low-carb friendly.

Went to step aerobics with my exercise buddy.

Had a huge salad for lunch. Quick tip: I buy those organic salads that are in a clear plastic tub. I like my greens in small edible pieces so while still in the tub I use scissors to keep cutting through it until the greens are in the small pieces I want. One of my biggest gripes when going out and ordering a salad is that the vegetables are in such big pieces. Slows me down (but that could be a good thing). I had a low-carb fruit cup for dessert. I clean out the refrigerator when I make a salad so in addition to the greens, I had 1/2 an avocado on it, sunflower seeds, sliced almonds, 2 slices crisp bacon (bacon makes everything better), feta cheese, onions, tomatoes, a carrot, bell pepper, ranch dressing. I know that ranch isn't the best choice but it's my favorite. Taste is so important as far as being satisfied is concerned. Chewing contributes to satisfaction as well. I don't like meals I drink - diet shakes, smoothies, something juiced just don't do it for me. I feel all virtuous if I choose something green and drinkable but the hunger is not really helped much at all.

I have never tried quinoa and have had some for quite a while. I am going to run down a recipe and try that for supper.

It's hot here and still hasn't rained. I will be spending the evening watering - oh joy.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh that salad sounds delicious..bacon AND feta!

    Sounds like a quality day off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is said that the additions can make a salad fattening but taste is also important. I only use 2 slices of bacon and a couple of Tbsp. of feta. The nice thing about low carb is those things don't matter too much. Take care.

      Delete