Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, July 23, 2012

Avocado Part 2

I took my blood pressure yesterday and it was 125/76. I have been eating avocados. I love those things. :-)

This is the only change I can think of in my life lately.

Thanks to all of you avocado lovers out there who took the time to comment. I have a new attitude towards those little green, good fat vegetables. I can certainly deal with mushiness to get blood pressure readings like that. My ears are not ringing like they were too. Send along any avocado recipes you have please.

Today I have step aerobics and am on call beginning at 3 p.m. I have a friend coming over who wants me to show her how to free motion quilt. It's quite a challenge to do that. I am finally getting the hang of it. Getting the "feel" of moving the quilt in time with the machine stitching takes practice.

I will be spending the next three days driving 2.5 hours each way to Columbus, Ohio, to drive an armored truck. Long days and then I will be coming home to the chore of watering. Is this drought ever going to end?


8 comments:

  1. I love them in my SMOOOOTHIES!!

    drive safely.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! That would bypass their mushiness and make them drinkable.

      Delete
  2. I put avocado sliced thin on my sandwiches and burgers. Also love them as 'chunks' in tortilla soup or any spicy soup. How about mashed like for guacamole, but mix in fresh salsa instead? I do this for parties, as a dip, sometimes. I'll pass along any other ideas as I think of them as obviously this is a great thing for you to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the mashed with salsa idea. Thanx! I don't eat too many sandwiches as I don't eat much bread due to the carbs but the salsa idea sounds great! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love avocados too! But they aren't the absolute healthiest... All I know is 1/4 of an avocado (and I could eat one whole one!) is 3 Weight Watchers points. Gr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very healthy because the fat is a vegetable source. Calories are not the only consideration and not all fat is bad. You might want to read up on the Paleo diet and other diets that restrict carbs and emphasize lean meats, fruits, and vegetables. Take care.

      Delete
  5. 1 pkg of Broccoli Slaw
    1/2 red onion finely chopped
    1 green pepper chopped
    1 large ripe avacado
    salt & peper to your liking
    1 small lime
    I wish I could give proper credit for this recipe which I copied off a blog and tried. I LOVED it!
    1 pkg of Broccoli Slaw
    1/2 red onion finely chopped
    1 green pepper chopped
    1 large ripe avacado
    salt & peper to your liking
    1 small lime
    Put the broccoli slaw in a bowl, chop up the onion and green pepper and mixed it up into the slaw. Slice the avocado into chunks. Take the avacado and with your hands mix and mash and smash it all into the slaw until it is all mushy and evenly over the broccoli slaw. When it is all evenly mixed squeeze the juice of one lime over it and mix again. Then add salt & pepper to your liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx! That sounds great. All that other stuff will cover up the avocado :-) Hope all is well.

      Delete