Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Today

Today for me is going to be Bible Study Fellowship at 9 a.m. I am going to skip the lecture at 10 a.m. and come home to get some final things done before my BSF group comes to my house for our own fellowship. I did a lot of cleaning yesterday. I am no housekeeper. I have Phyllis Diller's (many of you won't remember her - female comedian) attitude - doing housework is like putting beads on a string with no knot in the end of it.  I made a fruit slush and used stevia in the raw rather than the 3 c. of sugar it called for. You start out with 2 c. of water and 3 c. of sugar - bring that to a boil to dissolve the sugar than add crushed pineapple, maraschino cherries, and sliced bananas. This is frozen in those individual plastic cups. It is taken out of the freezer in time to thaw somewhat so that people can chop it into a slush. I used the stevia instead of the sugar and crushed pineapple in its own juice rather than heavy syrup. I also didn't bring it to a boil because there was no sugar to dissolve. The warmth of just barely heating it was enough to dissolve the stevia.

I am going to give each of the ladies a daylily which we will go outside and dig after our fellowship. My group leader also wants starts of some other flowers which I am more than willing to provide. There is a couple coming at 1 p.m. to get some starts, I have a hair appointment at 3:30 and Jazzercise at 5:30.

I will work in the yard this evening after Jazzercise. I am too traumatized after all this housework to do anything else :-)

6 comments:

  1. Soooo...what are you going to do with your spare time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilt probably but I think I would rather do yard work today. take care.

      Delete
  2. What a jam packed day! I love being busy though. Idle hands...a recipe for bored eating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a real problem with eating out of boredom - shouldn't be a problem today. Be well.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like fun. Your recipe looks good. Nice of you to share some goodies from your yard. I love when people do that for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting flower starts from others. I think of them when I walk around the yard and see the plant they gave to me. It's a way to bond with others that costs nothing and yet means so much. Have a great day.

      Delete