Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thanks

Thanks to all of you for the congratulations and encouragement concerning my new digit achievement. I was pleasantly surprised but the muscle has to be a big part of the explanation. LIFT WEIGHTS!! I am using
10 lb. weights and 8 lb. weights in my classes.

I am here at Camp Mack in Milford, Indiana. It was a 3-hour drive; we shopped at 5 quilt shops, and I have been sewing all evening. I should be able to get a lot done on some UFO's  (unfinished objects) and take care of some PIGS (projects in grocery sacks).

Everyone was to bring snacks to share. You should see the kitchen area - sacks and sacks of the salty, greasy snacks, bowls and bowls and bags and bags of cookies and crackers. Several ladies must have cashed in on the clearance Easter candy - there is an amazing amount of empty calories here.

I am having no trouble staying out of it.

5 comments:

  1. Good will power Myra:) Remember, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips! Well, maybe not a lifetime...but it's not worth it. Have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have finally learned my lesson about even getting started on that stuff. The emotional toll is worse than the weight gain. It is so hard to get back to the usual (healthy) way of eating because of the cravings and sluggishness that always follows eat fests like this. You are so right - it is not worth it. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Did you bring anything good for yourself and the other quilters to munch on? I know you're pretty creative with that sort of thing. Maybe something fun, but not a total waste???
    I remember with such fondness when I stepped on a scale at Costco and got a wonderful surprise. It really helped to motivate me and keep me in the groove.
    And the muscle thing is soooooo true!
    Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I brought my Quest protein bars and a case of water. My snack to share was some nuts. There is a Subway just up the road a bit. Tonight will be the first meal served as a part of the retreat. The last time I came there was always salad available at lunch and dinner so I may be able to do OK but not great. It will not be an excuse to do the "I can't be perfect so I'll just be awful" routine. Been there done that. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is so great that you are able to stay away from that!

    ReplyDelete