Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, April 6, 2012

Sound & Fury

Sound and  fury signifying nothing. (Shakespeare)

Have any of you known parents who only yelled at their kids? Did you notice those kids tuned them out because they knew it signified nothing?

It's important to follow through. We won't have to yell if we follow through on what we say. If we are to be believed we have to do what we say we are going to do. Everything is more peaceful that way. It works for weight loss too.

I had to drive an armored truck today. Eight hours sitting in a truck driving from place to place and waiting for Chris to replenish ATM's. Add to that the 1 1/2 hour drive each way and I am kind of weary. No sound and fury here. Not even much sound.

My knees have been a little sore and I couldn't figure out why. Then it hit me that I was wearing new shoes and had not gotten those insoles for athletic shoes that absorb shock. I did that when I started Jazzercise because my knees were sore from the concrete basement floor in the Church and I got those insoles and it cleared up. I got some tonight so that should take care of the situation.

It has turned cold here so we covered up the strawberries again tonight. They have a lot of blooms and no blooms, no strawberries.

Step aerobics in the morning and then run the Indiana route which is only 4 ATM's and takes 2 1/2 hours so no problem. Hopefully I will get some yard work and some quilting done as well. Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. I think it is pretty cool that you drive an armored truck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to wear a loaded weapon as well. I have to qualify with it each year and it is hard to do. Who needs Clint Eastwood?

      Delete
    2. I'm impressed!!! (Clint is my lifelong celebrity crush, by the way!)

      Delete
  2. You're one busy woman, Myra! Hope your strawberries survive (waiting for light to see how severe a frost we had here). That's great that insoles work for your knees. I probably should look into that although I don't do any kind of concentrated exercise....probably should look into THAT, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Building some muscle helps with weight loss and especially with weight maintenance as it raises your BMR - do look into it!

      Delete