Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Nothing to Do

*** "A man's real worth is determined by what he does when he has nothing to do." ~~ Author Unknown from jensgyrations.blogspot.com


First, it's hard to imagine having nothing to do.  I think one's  real worth is determined by what one does with the time one has. Is it really possible to have nothing to do?


I have wasted a lot of time in my life but it wasn't because I had nothing to do. I just didn't want to do what needed to be done. Procrastinating has always been a problem for me. I am just now getting the taxes figured because I HATE THAT JOB!


Do fat people jump out of bed and get right at the day? Are they productive all day and fall into bed exhausted from all the work that was done? Were we productive at our jobs? Are the domestic duties attended to as well as getting in regular exercise and getting some books read?


OR


Do we sit in front of the computer too much? Watch too much TV? Those two activities are not real calorie burners. When we are at work and being paid for what we do are we cheating our employer through messing around on the internet and just appearing to be busy? Do we eat out of boredom?


My real worth is determined by me. I choose how I spend my time and what I spend that time upon. Have you ever considered how you will be remembered when you go into the beyond? I think about that every now and then, do you? - nice person who cared about others has been overused. We are all nice according to some and we all care about some others.  You can tell a lot about a person by the way that person treats children and animals and people he/she doesn't like - also by the way they deal with tangled Christmas tree lights. I can help with the Christmas tree lights - go to a fabric store and ask for the cardboard that a bolt of fabric is wrapped around. The store should have some empty ones you can have. Wrap the lights around that. It'll make you a better person at Christmas. Take care.





6 comments:

  1. 'My real worth is determined by me. I choose how I spend my time and what I spend that time upon. "

    Read my mind ...... again....

    Wish we were near each other, I bet we'd be friends very quickly.

    hugs to you from across the internet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure we would be friends quickly as well. We always seem to agree on the topics we choose to write about. Hugs back at ya! Take care.

      Delete
  2. I always wonder how people can be bored, etc. There never seems to be enough time and it's hitting me harder lately that I don't want to waste any of the time I do have.
    Certainly becoming more territorial about how I spend my time in recent times, I have noticed you can tell a lot about how people react when you do this. Those who fight back the strongest might not be all that necessary in your life if you get what I mean. ;)
    I love what you said about the Christmas lights. Boy is that true. It put a smile on my face thinking about how many times I've watched people fight the light strings and themselves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time is such a precious commodity. We should treat it as something precious not something to be wasted doing self-destructive things. We all have the same 24 hours each day. Some put it to so much better use than others. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Boredom is a mystery to me. As long as there are mountains I have not hiked, I cannot be bored. There is always something to read, something to do. That's just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is really not enough time in the day is there? There are so many possibilities. I agree with you. Take care.

      Delete