Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, April 2, 2012

Monday's Health Topic

Today we are to find a quote that inspires you (either positively or negatively) and write about it.

When everything is said and done, there is usually more said than done. -author unknown

Communicating is very important. Words carry meanings and tell others of our intentions. Words are powerful. If all wars were traced back to their beginnings, words would be the culprit.

As we get the weight off, those who follow up on their words are the successful ones. Those who just talk about it for the most part, are not so successful. This is a part of the process however. We do tire of those who go on and on, back and forth, up and down, and never really accomplish much. It's like the boy who cried wolf. After a time, nobody listened, and when there really was a wolf - bad news - still no one listened.

I do think if a blogger bothers us we just should let them go on their merry way. It doesn't take too long to determine how serious a blogger is. They are full of sound and fury signifying nothing - is that Shakespeare? I forget. Yet, I always think this is a part of their process of getting to the point of getting serious and doing rather than saying. It would seem they would get tired of blogging and not having anything positive or productive to blog about. It's no big deal to me if it's obvious they aren't serious. Whatever.

Those who are progressing inspire me the most - the ones whose struggles make them stronger when they get it together again. I like to learn from the people I follow. There's a bond among the ones who regularly visit and comment back and forth. I even learn from the "sandbox" bloggers - let's all just have fun. I learn how not to approach this. It becomes more clear to me how we can fool ourselves without much effort. If nothing else, we get a blog topic from the ones who drive us up the virtual wall.

How do you use your words? Do we consider what we say before hitting that final keystroke? I am not in this for myself only. I don't get angry when others are obviously messing around and want a circle of enablers - whatever. I am not insulted by the shortcomings of others. In my daily OA reading the other day the topic was about our friends and how we search and search for people who are perfect - no defects. Most of my friends have something annoying about them to me. I overlook those imperfections as best I can because as unlikely as it may be, I probably have a shortcoming or two myself :-) "The woods would be silent indeed if only the birds sang who sang best " - I don't think I have that exactly right but you get my point.

9 comments:

  1. "To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."

    Macbeth, Shakespeare

    (Macbeth's soliloquy. Had to memorize it in high school in 1985. Can still recite it on command. Excellent party trick.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impressed am I! I had to memorize the "To be or not to be" soliloquy and can do a pretty decent job of bringing it back to mind.

      To be or not to be, that is the question.
      Whether 'tis nobler in the mind,
      To take arms against a sea of troubles,
      And by opposing end them.

      Take care.

      Delete
    2. :) I also had to memorize "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I come not to bury Caesar, but to praise him..." (from Julius Caesar) and I can remember most of it but I can't remember where I put the next packet of checks for my money market account. The brain is a mysterious place!

      Delete
  2. I am constantly thinking about what I'm saying and the sometimes berating myself for not reading more carefully. The talking... I'm competent at that. The listening/reading... could use some work sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I find myself not listening well because I am formulating my next comment. I need to work on it as well. Be well.

      Delete
  3. This post reminded me of my hubby's adage: attitude is everything. have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband is so right. Our attitudes determine how much we achieve - even whether we achieve or not. You have a great week as well. Take care.

      Delete
  4. My favorite quote of all time is: If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.
    I love that saying for so many reasons. And when it comes to weight loss, it makes me think of the fact that comfort is not always the best and healthiest place to be. There's a balance. Too comfortable and the weight is right there waiting for us to fall back into like a big ol' bean bag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a good quote and a great motivational thought. Living life to the fullest is something we should all strive for. Take care out there today!

      Delete