Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday's Health Topic 2

Keep Calm and Carry On

There are times I start feeling anxious for some unknown reason and my thoughts turn to food.

When I get hungry I feel stressed and my thoughts turn to lots of food.

If I get that anxious, panic feeling trouble is looming. It's the hiss of the snake. Have we had about all the success we can stand? We haven't absorbed our success into our being yet and being obese is what we are used to; we know how that feels. We have to get used to feelings that go along with a normal weight.

We must learn to keep calm, carry on, and wait for it to pass. This is a time to reflect and try and consider why there are these feelings and get the situation in perspective. Focus on the stomach. Is there true hunger or is this head hunger or mouth hunger? Hunger feelings will pass. They certainly aren't anything to get upset about - but I do.  Keeping busy is key for me when it comes to warding off unwise eating.

Today was difficult because I didn't eat like I usually do on Easter. I ate different things; I ate more of the things I did eat; and had some wine. Today I could tell that things were going to be difficult. I didn't have the energy or the strength that I usually do. My attitude has been different. I have been sluggish. It's hard to care when I feel that way. I have kept calm and have carried on. Tomorrow will be easier.

Did your Easter eating make today difficult? Did you keep calm and carry on?

No comments:

Post a Comment