Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, April 27, 2012

Breakthrough?

I have read that eating processed foods containing various additives such as colorings,  preservatives, artificial this and that, and things that I cannot pronounce can mess with the endocrine system. I have always been suspicious of these things and wonder if these things have contributed to many of the illnesses found in the body.

I can tell that something is different. I get truly hungry with the growl more often. I am eating whole foods for the most part. Fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and things such as hard boiled eggs, almonds, and low-carb/low-glycemic products have created a healthier inner me. I am still losing weight. I wore a pair of jeans the last couple of days that not too long ago were out of the question. Cravings are gone which means the emotions are under control.

I eat when I am hungry and since now it is a "normal" hunger I am eating good things all day without guilt. I feel like doing things like working in the yard or getting something done in the house - I feel like it. I am still exercising 6 times a week and I enjoy it. It's not something I have to drag myself to do. When I get hungry I don't think about cookies or junk but which fruit I will have or how about some almonds? With the refined sugar out of my system sweets have no appeal. I never eat white bread or potatoes. I do have a sweet potato with cinnamon and butter occasionally. I drink 64 oz. of water a day because I want to.

It's great to be able to eat something when I am hungry. It's great to live without a check off sheet or eating something processed and packaged that I got in the mail. It's great to live and eat by my rules. I can choose to eat or I can choose to wait. It doesn't cause me emotional pain or anxiety anymore.

Are any of you noticing any breakthroughs?

8 comments:

  1. I'm much in the same mindset as you right now. I also only eat when I'm hungry and am making the best food choices for me. And I'm ADDICTED to running. I'm hopeful that this will remain with me for the rest of my days! Excellent job Myra:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have created a new and better you. Eating the right foods when truly hungry is true freedom. Who wants to go back to feeling sluggish and lethargic? - you couldn't run if you did that!! Take care.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you have made some very healthy changes that have paid off for you--both physically and emotionally. I have always thought that there is a connection between eating healthy foods and being able to eat when hungry without emotional pain and anxiety. I do believe that eating snack foods and sweets will lead to cravings that constantly play with our heads!

    You have had a breakthrough, Myra! I'm still working on it, but getting much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have made enough progress to be able to tell the difference between now and back when, success is yours. Claim it. It's yours to have if you want it. Be well.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on this one! I so hate logging my food against a list of what I'm supposed to eat and not eat. What happened to just eating natural, unprocessed foods when I am hungry and stopping when I'm full?

    I'm convinced that something is added in the processing of foods that makes consumers want to go back to that food - that something is unfufilled.

    Good thougths Myra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen sister. I am becoming more and more aware of what is in the food I eat. There isn't too long of an ingredient list on an apple or broccoli. We are truly free when we can choose not to eat the additives and preservatives found in processed food. I just feel better. Take care.

      Delete
  4. Yes, yes and yes to this post! You have hit on the thing that really is the magic bullet that so many say the want. When you feel free and aren't constantly thinking about food, then that's when real life starts it seems. No longer a prisoner to the food or the program.
    I want so badly for others I know to have what I have. I want to be an example of what can happen if you really want a new life- concerning food and other things.
    So many people tell me that I am totally different. And I want to pass that on, but am often met with excuses and no true desire to change.
    Ah, well. The message will get to who it is meant for. It will be there for those that are ready!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be there for those that are ready -- good thought. I may just make a post out of that. Not being a prisoner to the food or the program is HUGE. When we can get out of our dependent mindset and our entitlement attitude success will naturally follow. Take care.

      Delete