Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, March 29, 2012

Re-Enactment

Is today going to be a re-enactment of yesterday? Should it be?

It is so easy to just plod along without making any changes and re-enact the yesterdays. Most of us who struggle with this do not want a re-enactment because we know there is a better way. We already know the script for yesterdays that left us discouraged and feeling defeated.

Guess what? We get to write the script for the rest of today, tomorrow, and the rest of our lives. We don't want to copy that old script. We already have those lines memorized.

We need a title (The Adventures of (your name goes here) as She/He Finally Gets It Right).

Now for the plot: A cute, but chubby person faces many challenges in his/her quest to achieve normal weight.

We need the hero/heroine - that would be you/me. We are the good guy; we ride the white horse and wear the white hat and our gun never runs out of bullets. We shoot straight and always win in the end - always.

Do we need some supporting actors and actresses? Sure - few things are done in a vacuum. Notice these are SUPPORTING actors and actresses - blogging friends, challenge friends if we are in one, our trainer if there is one, family (the supporting ones of course), friends that support us as well. We need to be our own best friend too.

Mwa, ha, ha - now for the villain -that would  be the old you/me - this turd throws all kinds of problems our way. The self-talk tests our resolve and makes us feel insecure. We also don't trust ourselves to do the right thing. We kind of liked that villain - he/she wasn't so bad. We are pretty comfortable with the villain because we know what to expect and can deal with being less than we are capable of being. The villain has us right where he/she wants us - believing the lies that we can never weigh our healthy weight. The villain knows if we believe those lies; we will behave that way. The villain has to die. We are the ones who have to do it. We are the only ones who can save our universe.

Let's win the Academy Award.

8 comments:

  1. Re-enactment? In my case, I hope so! It was just a delightful day. And since I have been following the Fast-5 lifestyle for the past 8 weeks, I have found a "script" that has helped me immensely when it comes to putting food and eating into a balanaced perspective for me. I find I have so much more time to be delighted in OTHER things and people that/who cross my path.

    Yesterday was a VERY good day.
    powerloveandselfcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! We must never forget these good days and that we created them (with God's help) and can do so again and again and again. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I do my best. :-)I usually get my topics for a week or more in advance and then sometimes when I start composing I get a little carried away - it sure is fun! Take care.

      Delete
  3. This is such a great post Myra! I definitely am in constant need of the comic relief side kick as well lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rats!! I forgot a sidekick. Hope this doesn't lessen the enjoyment. You can be Tonto and I will be Barney Fife. Take care.

      Delete
  4. What a funny and creative way to look at this weight loss adventure. I definitely would never want to reenact the past when it comes to this. So glad there really is a happy beginning waiting for us if we really want it enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can have that beginning that will take us to goal weight anytime we want it. I should have added a prologue about all the false starts and failures that got us to the "enough" point where we get serious. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers as you await his surgery and the recovery that will follow. We can do hard things! Take care.

      Delete