Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Low

I weighed 194 this morning which is a new low for me. Today is weigh-in day for the March Madness Challenge and this represents a 3 1/2 lb. loss from last week. Last week I was up two lb. from about a month before to195 so I guess this is a net 1 lb. loss. I just needed to pay closer attention and I have been able to get back to exercising after those long days in the car.

My goal is 5 lb. for the month of March. The others have set realistic goals that require diligence and we are doing our own thing as far as eating, drinking at least 64 oz. of water per day, exercising 3 - 5 times per week, and reading a book of our choice. Book report day is Sunday. I am trying to get them to try a new recipe each week and tell us about it on Wednesdays. I think it's important not to fall in a rut with the eating. This has caused me problems in the past. It was just too easy to get out the cottage cheese - anyway - this didn't fly too well as yet. I will keep working on them :-) We report in every day with our water consumption and if we exercised or not. I enter this on a spreadsheet and attach it to an email to them each day as a rule. New people are welcome. I would need your email address, your blog address, and what inspirational/motivational book you will be reading. I will also need your weight today and your weight loss goal for the rest of March.

Take care.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I feel pretty good about it and am looking forward to the next digit. When I was in WW I had mini goals. First it was the new digit and the upper part of it. Then the next goal was the lower part of that digit. New digit was next!

      Delete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! You are working really hard and your efforts are paying off! I am so happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Being in the Challenge helps because I know others will see what I am doing (or not doing). Accountability is important.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn. It does feel great to make progress. The next digit will be so wonderful!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanx!! I am very encouraged by it. Jazzercise at 5:30! Take care.

      Delete
  5. Wow! That's great.

    I'm a little jealous. I'm waiting for my loss. I know what I've been eating calorie wise....I SHOULD be losing soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give up. Tweak things if you have to. It has to come off if we are doing what we need to be doing. Take care.

      Delete
  6. Good job! Slow and steady wins the race :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I am not in a panic about it and slow is fine with me. Staying in control is more important than a rapid loss in my opinion. Be well and good job yourself!

      Delete
  7. Three cheers for a new low!!!

    YOU are making it happen and making it look good while you do it!

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Let's do this together!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Paul. This will happen for you soon as well. Just don't give up but tweak things to find what will get you moving in the right direction again. Be well.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on a new low, Myra! I know how wonderful that feels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a wonderful feeling for sure. When I get into the 180's I am going to be pretty hard to deal with :-) Take care.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks. You are helping more than you know by being in the Challenge with me. It keeps me vigilant when I know the others will see it. Be well.

      Delete
  11. Fantastic job Myra! You are doing so well! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really feel in control and at peace with the process. I am also excited to get to the next digit! Take care.

      Delete