Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, March 5, 2012

Hopefully---

Hopefully none of us will be starting over today (again).

Hopefully we have all found our "groove" and are being faithful to our decisions and our commitment to make this the last time we have to lose our weight.

Hopefully we realize that we have to endure some hunger to lose weight and have accepted it as a fact of this journey. We can do many things to deal with it but that booger is a fact of life. Who doesn't have a booger now and then? (OK, enough). There could be some graphic descriptions about getting rid of boogers and how this is done but I'll have to think on that for another post. Feel free to use the idea with boogers being----anyway.

Hopefully we are less afraid of hunger feelings and can face them knowing this is a sign of our maturity as we go about our lives. More people die from overeating than from starvation.

Hopefully we realize that being hungry means we are forcing our bodies to turn to stored fat for energy - this is a good thing.

Hopefully we are not going to let anything get in our way. Food is not that important anymore. We see it for what it is for what it can and cannot do to us or for us.

Hopefully we realize that we wouldn't have to start over if we would stop quitting.

Hopefully we understand and accept that we have caused this situation, that behavior has consequences, and we must pay off the bill we have run up (our weight) through our poor choices (thank you Paul). This means enduring some hunger (which isn't fatal is it?)

Hopefully we have made this decision final, non-negotiable, and without fear to lose this weight once and for all and keep it off. Food has been our master. We have let our bodies rule over us. No more.

Hopefully we are putting into good use what we have learned from other bloggers - those "Aha" moments, those epiphanies, those light bulb moments, those convictions, and see our truth. Even if other bloggers make us mad sometimes there is something that struck a cord and it's time for self-examination and going forward better armed to do this right this time.

Is hoping going to get it done? Nope. There is Scripture that says "Faith without works is dead". This was to keep people from talking the talk without walking the walk. Hope without action is dead as well.

Hoping the hope without acting the act doesn't sound right but you know what I mean (I hope). Be well.

17 comments:

  1. "We wouldn't have to start over if we would stop quitting." Did you think that statement up all by yourself?!? I think I'm going to put it on my chalkboard this week.

    This week I'm happy to say I will NOT be starting over (again).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to take credit for that but I read it on someone's blog somewhere and it stuck with me. I would give the person credit but I have no idea where I read it. It's a good one isn't it? Use it on your chalkboard - it may help someone else. Glad you are NOT starting over today. Be well.

      Delete
  2. LOVE THAT IDEA TOO Rebecca :)
    Ive been restarting my writing too many times to count...

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to read that you were inspired as well. We all need to keep at it even if it gets difficult rather than quitting.

      Delete
  3. "Hopefully we are less afraid of hunger feelings and can face them knowing this is a sign of our maturity as we go about our lives. More people die from overeating than from starvation.": --Wow. Very, very well put...I'm swiping it! ;) Full credit to you, of course. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to use anything I write as a starting point. I have done the same for tomorrow's post entitled "At least" that I swiped from you. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. This is very well written, and I agree with a lot of it. I don't find it necessary to be hungry though, there are so man healthy options that will keep you full!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With careful planning and having things on hand I do think hunger can be kept at bay. I guess we need to define hunger a little more completely. Getting to emptiness requires the body to burn stored fat. Perhaps fiber can help and the water but I guess we are all different. I get hungry every day - that's my cue to eat. Whatever works for you is what's best.

      Delete
  5. I disagree completely. I lost more than 150lbs through diet and exercise in less than a year and I have maintained the weight loss for four years. I HAVE NEVER BEEN HUNGRY. Hunger is NOT sustainable and leads to over eating. Letting yourself be "hungry" is not a badge of honor or a sign of maturity....it is a stupid thing to do and will set you up for failure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we will have to respectfully disagree. I wait for hunger before eating and don't consider it to be stupid. I don't have to sustain it, I wait for it and then eat something. Overeating is often not due to hunger but done for emotional reasons. Congratulations on your weight loss and especially for maintaining it. Take care.

      Delete
    2. I read Myra's statement as that overweight people often overeat to "prevent" hunger, they live in fear of being hungry - e.g., I'm going out to run errands for an hour, I better eat before I leave the house so I don't get hungry... as if feeling slight hunger for a short period of time is reason for panic. People still have trouble defeating that primal (almost canine, if you will) instinct to eat "just in case" there isn't anything to eat later. Which may have been understandable thousands of years ago but not today when an almost infinite variety of safe, sanitary foods are easily and instantly accessible to most of us. When I was fat, I also was never hungry -- because I overate and ate when it wasn't needed. Now I eat *something* every three hours - but, honestly, if that three hour mark comes, and I'm not fueling up for a workout or recovering from one and I'm truly not hungry at all, I sometimes don't eat at that time. It's chronic overeaters who are terrified of being hungry. Once you've corrected your brain's relationship with food, you don't stock up food in your belly to prevent the slim possibility of maybe being hungry later. And if you do get hungry you understand how to deal with it and eat the proper things in the proper amounts. A little grumble in my belly when I'm out running errands 15 miles from home is not a reason to hit the drive-thru for coffee and donuts...it's a reminder to put a little baggie of almonds in my glove box for next time. The only times I *do* overeat now are holiday dinners and that's certainly not out of hunger.

      Delete
  6. "Hopefully we are putting into good use what we have learned from other bloggers - those "Aha" moments, those epiphanies, those light bulb moments, those convictions, and see our truth. Even if other bloggers make us mad sometimes there is something that struck a cord and it's time for self-examination and going forward better armed to do this right this time."

    HUZZAH!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you liked it. I know I have learned a lot from reading the blogs of others and hope to return the favor. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had much hunger along the way... except on days that I've forgotten to pack my lunches. I've found the key to be in six small meals, eating every 3-4 hours. High fiber and protein keep the pangs at bay...

    Head hunger... false hunger... wanting to satiate feelings or avoidance via food. That happens all the time. But we power through. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hunger can be so many things I guess. We must learn to distinguish true, physical hunger from all the other forms it takes. It's kind of hard for me to wrap my brain around losing weight without enduring physical hunger I have to admit.

      Delete
  9. What a nice concise way to put so many good ideas together! I love it! The theme of hope was really well done. Just really liked the flavor and delivery of this post. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I "hope" you got something out of it that you can put to good use. Be well.

      Delete