Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Monday, March 12, 2012

The Fine Print

Results not typical.

It's in either really, really small print or someone is talking really, really fast.

This statement is made in products for weight loss and get rich quick schemes. Why, you ask, is it in such small print or in such rapid words - because people wouldn't fall for it otherwise.

In a previous post about "Are You Typical" I wrote about failures. Why not be out of the ordinary, NOT typical, and lose weight in a healthy manner while exercising and building muscle?

Results not typical usually means that the results are usually less than what is depicted in the commercial.

Let's make results not typical mean we did more than the usual, more than the typical. Much more. I think I read somewhere that we use less than 10% of our capabilities. How much better could we have done in school? How much farther could we have gone or could go in our careers? How much more could we accomplish each day? How much more effective could we be in our weight loss efforts? Much, much more in many cases. I know I can do better. I can even sense myself resisting doing better. I am going to have to think about that one. Do we hold back because we are afraid that if we fail we will have that to think about? Are we playing it safe so that we don't do so well it will be expected of us?

What have you and I said about people who have lost weight and then gained it back? We cluck our tongues and shake our heads and wonder how anybody could do that. I have done it twice.

My results aren't going to be typical this time. How about you?

8 comments:

  1. So true! "Results...not typical" usually means "Most people don't have this kind of success!"

    No, I do not want my results to be typical this time!

    I'm not sure I've noticed that top picture in your sidebar, Myra. It definitely shows your progress. Keep it up, Lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to be typical this time either. Thank you for the compliment. As we keep making changes that make a difference we will both celebrate reaching our goal weight!

      Delete
  2. My results will never be typical, either. This is for life. My plan is slow and steady. No hurray any more to getter done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I am in no rush. I will get there and you will as well. Take care.

      Delete
  3. Honestly, when I see someone who has lost it and regained it, I feel their pain, because I have done it too. And I can't seem to forget my "failure". I have come a long way now - seeing that I am along a different road now, where health is my first priority, strength and fitness, and the scale will eventually follow (it has to!!).
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have caught myself still wondering how anyone could do that then the conviction is immediate. I have done it twice - who am I to comment on someone else's regain? I too am changing over to making health a top priority. Take care.

      Delete
  4. I have also lost and gained it back. I'm in much better control this time during my loss as my first loss was a very low calorie doctor monitored diet. I lost really fast and gained back pretty quick too. I'm making a life style change this time around. I know I have to do this for life, or I'll be right back where I was, again. I've worked really hard to get to where I am right now. So I definitely don't want to be typical! Keep up the good work and the thought provoking posts:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some lessons are learned the hard way aren't they? I too am making behavior changes this time around so as to not have to do this again. I am happy to learn that you like what I write. I enjoy doing it. Take care.

      Delete