Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Easy Way Out

I am going to tell you the easy way out for losing all the weight you need to lose.

Why is it easy? Because it works and results are guaranteed.

It is the eat less/move more/drink water plan. Why is this the easy way out?

Because the other choices are too hard. They are expensive. Because it's hard to lose weight and then gain it back (the gaining back part is very easy). Obesity is a hard life. It's hard to watch others achieve, have fun, wear nice clothes, and many other things. It's hard if not impossible to get any medication that works for losing weight from a doctor. Diet medications used to have amphetamines in them. People get addicted to amphetamines - that's hard. Over the counter weight loss aids are useless.

We don't want to do it the easy way. We want fast. We want promises. We want to be told the weight will just fall off if we buy this product. We want to believe we don't have to put in any effort. We want magic. Is it hard to face failure once again because we wanted "easy" but didn't recognize it? We have had easy all along. Why chase after what is hard to do? How long does it take to decide to do it the easy way?

Easy doesn't mean no effort. It does mean it is easier than all the other ways that we have failed at. It's just too hard to keep putting off doing it the easy way.

6 comments:

  1. I guess the easiest way is to stop gaining weight in the first place. One of my biggest regrets is buying baggy pants. I'm sure that made gaining easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point. Wish I had thought of that. I remember gaining too much weight during pregnancy because maternity clothes just don't get tight. Take care.

      Delete
  2. and for me it isnt just fitness.
    FAST IS SO TEMPTING IN ALL REALMS!!


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Short cuts are not short at all when it comes to fitness and weight loss. We live in an "instant" culture. We have trouble waiting for results. Be well.

      Delete
  3. You're RIGHT! We don't want easy. We want fast.....

    I have a goal (time-wise) and I think it's realistic. It's just not "fast".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are those who want to get their weight off as fast as possible and those who are in no big hurry. I guess I fall somewhere in between. Being realistic is so very important. It does no good to lose 10 lb. fast and gain back 12 even faster. Take care.

      Delete