Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Regular?

I have read a few people talk about having trouble with constipation. It is not fun. I know.

Senna tea works great. It can be a little harsh even. At my store these teas are back by the pharmacy and can be called "smooth move" or "digestive" - read the ingredients. If there is senna listed, that's it. Drinking a full cup can be somewhat harsh. I have a 4 c. coffee press and this last time I put two senna and two green tea bags in it. I drink one cup of that a day and no worries.

My health food store sells just senna tea so that's another source. All I can say is, "It works".

4 comments:

  1. I'm only prone to constipation if my thyroid is way out of whack, and even then, I'm kind of used to regularity. When I ate super high fiber (like 70 grams), I pooped six times a day like a dream.

    Now that I got rid of most grains and eat more around 25-35 grams, I go about 2. Morning and post dinner.

    But I do take magnesium supplements (for glucose and asthma, have for years and years) and that does help a lot, I hear. I've read it's a safer option for regularity. :) And it's good for the bones. We ladies need to watch that! (Though the scan tech said, "You have awesome bones." Well, thanks. I'll take any positives!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mir - glad you don't have to suffer with constipation. We smile and joke about it but I know it is no fun at all. When I starved weight off in college I was nearly impacted but TMI - I won't go into the details. It seems you are feeling better. So glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this.. going to get me some..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bzybee - I'll be interested to learn how things work out. (I crack myself up sometimes). Be well.

    ReplyDelete