Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ONE Happy Lady

I had my husband take a picture of me. Today I weighed 198 and the first picture was when I was 223 if I remember correctly. I can tell some difference but then we are always more critical of ourselves than others are don't you think? (They are both on my sidebar to your right).

I am really happy to be in onederland but 198 only represents a 2 lb. loss for the month of January so I am going back to weighing weekly and being accountable to the others in my Behavior Blast Challenge. Although we are concentrating on behaviors, there's nothing wrong with reporting a weekly weight as well as the daily goal of behavior change. There is room for more in the Challenge. This week is a "coast" week. Our first week was 64 oz. of water per day and that was all that was reported. Last week we continued with the water and added exercising 3 - 5 times per week. This week is a "coast" week where we just continue with the water and exercise. After this week of coasting we are each going to declare the behavior we will be working on. Jill is going to work on tracking her food. I am going to work on slowing down as I eat (I may have to work on that for more than one week). I plan to eat with my left hand, chew and swallow, take a drinik, then and only then take another bite. What do you think of that plan? Paul is still thinking about it. Georgia has come back to us so she will be deciding on her behavior soon. Just let me know if you want to be on the spreadsheet that I update each day. I will need your email address, your blog address, and your real name if you got creative with your blog name. We would love to have you join us.

I wore the same top in the picture but those jeans are gone as they were too big. These black jeans are almost too big but I put them on and wore them before they got stretched out from wearing them. I have to wear a belt. The only jeans I have now that really fit are in the laundry. I am going to a local consignment shop called "Designers Consigners". They only accept really nice things for consignment. I am hoping to find some jeans there.

Take care of yourselves and hang in there. If this was easy, everyone would be slim. It takes hard work, and commitment, and the willingness to endure some hunger. Let's all stay true to ourselves and what we want out of life.

20 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! I look forward to seeing your updated picture! Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber - thank you. The more I look at the pictures (even though they aren't together) I can tell a difference. I haven't decided when my next picture will be - maybe 175 lb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI everyone - I got the pictures dragged together on my desktop computer (didn't want to cause confusion from my reply to Amber).

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW I don't think I wore the same top after all. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I wanna see the pic! :)
    You know, 2 lbs. DOWN is DOWN - don't worry about how slow it is! YOU'RE DOING IT!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn - Next picture will be at 175 lb. - I am not as good at posting pictures as so many of you are! The first two pictures are on my sidebar. I hope you can tell which one is 198 and which is 223!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are with me in ONEderland! Congratulations. You look good. And happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie - thank you. I am looking forward to the 180's now. I need to work a little harder at it than I have been. You had a great loss in January!

    ReplyDelete
  9. No doubt you notice I've been absent. I need to read backwards a bit here in your blog to figure out what you're doing - the "coast" week, etc.

    WhatEVER it is, clearly it's working! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very cool for you. There is definitely a change between the photos and irl I bet you are just glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on reaching ONEderland!!! I can't wait to join you! Keep up the great work and stay focused!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go, Myra! I've had flippin' bypass surgery and can't reach Onederland...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rebecca - Thanks for stopping by. If you want a more complete description of our challenge, there was a post about it earlier - it's called Behavior Blast. Thanks for noticing the change.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jasmine - thanks - I haven't seen a 1 in front of my weight for quite some time. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joy - I hope to see you soon in onederland. Cheering you on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jenny - A big part of that is the extra skin I think. I'm hoping your metabolism kicks in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!! I will be there soon again :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Plump Nonfiction - Yes you will.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There really is a different! You look great! Congratulations, I can't wait to join your 1-club :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Maren - thank you. I can't wait for you to be in onederland with me as well.

    ReplyDelete