Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, February 12, 2012

More Good News

I have lost another 1.5 lb. as of this morning - checked it twice even. I now weigh 195.5 and am very encouraged by this.

Our son is coming to visit today and we are eating out at the Olive Garden in Richmond, Indiana. I love their salad so that won't be a problem. I can order something grilled with hot vegetables and will decide if I will have one bread stick or not - Olive Garden has wonderful bread sticks. Sometimes we order wine. I can have one of each of the wine and the bread sticks now and not come home and binge for the rest of the day because I figure I have blown it and might as well start tomorrow with a clean slate. I am glad those days are gone. My worst behavior right now is slowing down while I eat. I will consciously work on that at the meal today.

The low carb is working well for me and I have been faithful to the 64 oz of water per day and exercising 3 - 5 times per week. On a perfect week, I exercise 6 times with Sunday as my rest day. I don't keep track of the carbs I eat. I have said before that I hate journaling.  It becomes another chore for me. My goal is to eat more intuitively and adopt the mindset of "how much can I get by on" rather than "how much can I have"? Eating less each time I eat just means the growl will come around more quickly. The emptiness right before hunger does not cause the panic it used to cause me. I have never figured that out. Is the panic because I am hungry or because I fear I will lose control again? I think food/eating brings such memories of being out of control and then disgusted that the memories of those emotions cause anxiety. I must fear them happening again. Each time I am successful at staying in control makes me more confident in my ability to do it again. I think that is the same with the binge. Each time I was successful and did not binge made me more confident that I could avoid the next one. Over time the binges became less frequent and less severe. I pray that for each of you still plagued by binge eating. You can overcome it. Don't stop fighting it and remember each time you win makes it more likely you will win the next battle as well.

Just for today let's not binge or overeat. We can get up in the morning and decide if we are going to do it again. The prize awaits us. Have a blessed Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I love it!! I also just started a weight loss blog and I would love some more readers to hold me accountable. Check it out http://watchmeshrinkydink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just me. Thanks for stopping by and I am glad to learn that my words help you on your way. I will visit your place and hopefully be able to encourage and help. I do not enable so you may get a virtual kick in the butt if you need one. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your insights are wonderful. The fact that you are able to share them so effectively even more so. I like the calm I feel in this post. It is clear that you have made a real change.
    I too like to think ahead before heading off to a restaurant, even a favorite one. It actually makes the experience better as I am not frantic or worried and I can just sick back and enjoy the company and ambiance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow Rose - it is truly a "win" to be able to go out to eat without it ruining the rest of the day. We must never forget how we used to be and understand that it could happen again without diligence. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - thank you so much. It is not easy to do this (as I am sure you know) but well worth it.

    ReplyDelete