Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Loving

13 Reasons to Love Your Body Now - Christie Inge

It is the only one you have.
It feels a whole lot better.
You can't hate your way into anything but suffering.
Loving your body now doesn't mean giving up on it. In fact, it means the opposite.
You are worth it.
When you love something, you take care of it.
You'll have more energy to focus on the things that are really important to you.
People are going to judge you no matter what.
Loving it isn't actually dependent on it's size and shape.
It is amazing.
A life lived from love is more fulfilling and peaceful.
Why wait to be happy?
How is hating it working for you?

Which one(s) speak to you the most and why?

2 comments:

  1. I struggle with all of this quite a bit. My own journey of weight loss was pretty unique. I didn't really even see the problem for so long. I was always pretty happy and energetic. I was still very active despite my extra 50 pounds.
    And yet I had become what others had told me I was supposed to be. And so it may have been a pretty OK picture and there were things I definitely loved about myself in that body at that time (like actually having breasts ;)), but it was just not the REAL me. Now I am more me and I don't believe the lies that were told to me about who I should be or would have to be because of the genes I had inherited.
    The one that sticks for me the most then is: People are going to judge you no matter what. People can love me or not for who I feel I am truly meant to be. I am still a nurturing person with real feelings and love for others, even if I don't have children of my own or the traditional cushy, motherly exterior that I think I subconsciously accepted at one time. There are other reasons why I let the weight creep up over time, but that is probably the biggest one over all- fear of being judged and not fitting in. Now I say: Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow Rose - I have said before that I hated my body - that was why I was working to change it. I won't be happy with how it looks until I am closer to goal weight, 35 - 40 pounds should do it. It is the only one I have so I should take care of it and love it enough to do so. I used to come down on people who judge others but then all of us do it. We are affected by appearance. We must have the wisdom to get past that to the real person, however. There are very shallow people who don't do that unfortunately. I have been treated like I didn't have any feelings at all in the past due to my weight. Be well.

    ReplyDelete