Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, February 16, 2012

Interruptions

My part-time job has become full-time until the new guy is trained. One of the guys on another route failed to re-qualify with his weapon and so he resigned. So I am in the car all day driving from ATM to ATM, getting the deposits and taking them in to the branch. I am missing my step aerobics classes; I missed my Quilt Club meeting; I will miss my quilting class tomorrow; I am also missing Jazzercise as I am on call most evenings. I had registered for a Quilt Retreat that I had to miss as well. They were kind enough to put me in the April retreat.

Eating poses a special challenge because just sitting in the car for most of the day and driving doesn't allow for much activity that keeps the mind off food/eating. It would be nice to feel like I could just buy two meals each day but that gets really expensive and it's hard to find something that fits weight loss efforts. There is Subway and that's about it and even that is difficult because I eat as I drive.

I have been having a PBJ for breakfast using Ezekiel bread (made from sprouted grains, no flour), all natural peanut butter (that stuff really doesn't taste very good; I added some stevia), and sugar free jelly which is really pretty good. I take some almonds and a Quest High Protein bar plus my water.

I have been putting two soup spoons of chia seeds in a small bowl, adding 1 scoop of protein powder, two packs of stevia, sugar free jelly, and plain yogurt and mixing that up. YUM. If you haven't read up on white chia seeds, you may want to do so. They add a lot of protein and nutrition to just about everything. They are very small and crunchy - kind of like the seeds in a kiwi.

I hope all is well with everyone. Posting has not been too "deep" lately but  I just haven't had the time. I am making a quilt for a wedding in the family, there are graduations and a retirement celebration soon not to mention birthdays and all that. Be well.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a lot of work to do, but I see how it could very much impact other areas of your life! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maren - I just wanted part-time work when I retired but there have been many times when I have had to cover for others. The extra money is nice but I would rather be able to stay consistent with things like exercising. I need to discipline myself to do something here at the house but haven't been successful with that yet. Take care.

      Delete
  2. Hoping that the new guy catches on really, really fast and that you can be back in your "normal" routine very soon. Until then, one day at a time, smart snacks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo - I think getting him in one of the gun qualification classes is what's holding things up. As soon as he can get that done, I will be back to my usual routine. This earning a living thing is getting in the way of my activities!

      Delete