Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting Home

Do any of you want to eat as soon as you get home regardless of when you last ate? How do you deal with this? I guess willpower and a brain that is in gear are obvious solutions.

I also want to find something to eat as soon as I get to Mom's and again regardless of when I last ate.

I have been using doing a long route and being tired when I get home to slack up. I was thinking to myself as I drove today that many (most) of those trying to lose weight have jobs and still exercise regularly. There went that excuse. My usual routine on Monday-Wednesday-Friday is Step Aerobics in the morning, get home about 10 a.m. - get ready and do my usual route which takes 2.5 hours then the rest of the day is mine.

On Tuesdays I have Bible Study Fellowship at 9 a.m., then do my route, home early afternoon, Jazzercise at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays I can do my route first thing and be done and home by about 10:30 a.m. and have Jazzercise at 5:30.

I have to eat in the car - breakfast and lunch. I have a PBJ sandwich for breakfast (Ezekiel bread, natural pnb, and sugar free jelly) and a Quest protein bar for lunch. I do get my water in while on my route. I know where every restroom is and when to drink water so that I can plan my visits.

It usually works to just relax a bit when I get home. Sit down with tea/coffee/whatever and go through the mail or something to help change gears. Can't do that at Mom's though and she has a candy dish on her coffee table but I don't have to eat it for sure.

Does a change of routine throw you? How do you deal with it?

I think it must be the change of schedule, in fact, I am sure of it. Only one more week of this long route and then I will be back to my usual routine.

8 comments:

  1. Yes! I don't get home til almost 9 and I eat dinner at work. But yet I still want to eat when I get home. I didn't last night because I am bound and determined to lose this 11 lbs I have gained. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl. It is a habit that we can break and when we know what we want the most. Just sit with a cup of something and go through the mail or just close your eyes for a bit until you have your act together. We can do this. We cannot let the body rule over us.

      Delete
  2. I'm exactly the same way...as soon as I get home from work I am starving and have to eat something...even if I had a really big lunch. I bought sugar free popsicles that only have 15 calories in them so I grab one when I get home until I can make dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have found something that works for you. It's that feeling of panic and anxiety that is difficult to get the best of. I get so aggravated at myself for feeling this way. Why should it upset me so to wait to eat?

      Delete
  3. I have such a tough time with scheduling. I like to think of myself as adaptive. But that's kinda why I have a week long menu. So if I don't have time to make one thing, I can throw something else together. I've also given myself some emergency stashes at work. Dried apples, a bag of almonds, some oatmeal packets, tea, a couple of protein bars. Just in case I don't get to pack lunch or dinner.

    I also work nights... so I don't get home until 10pm. I allow myself to eat though... I eat 6x a day. Small meals, snacks, usually 200-300 calories a piece. But my toughest eating time is 10p.m. - midnight. I think it's anxiousness. I try to fight it. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. Ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain Nanette. It seems you are making plans and being proactive. Maybe you could take a warm bath with some candles burning or soft music or both to relax as soon as you get home. That could really be something to look forward to. You could have a cup of tea while you soaked and released the anxiety.

      Delete
  4. I find that a cup of herbal tea sweetened with stevia (or your choice of sweetener) can really take the edge off the munchies. And if that doesn't work, eat some veggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good plan. There are so many good teas out there to choose from and something for the sweet tooth without adding calories might be the ticket. Veggies could be a planned snack that would be filling.

      Delete