Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, February 23, 2012

Coffee Drinker?

From my sister's blog:  www.jensgyrations.blogspot.com


***You Know You're Drinking Too Much Coffee When...

 You answer the door before people knock.

You just completed another sweater and you don't know how to knit.

You can take a picture of yourself from ten feet away without using the timer.

You're the employee of the month at the local coffeehouse and you don't even work there.

You can type sixty words per minute ... with your feet.

You don't sweat, you percolate.

You walk twenty miles on your treadmill before you realize it's not plugged in.

Starbucks owns the mortgage on your house.

When someone says. "How are you?", you say, "Good to the last drop."

You help your dog chase its tail.


Remember when eggs were bad and we were only to have 2 a week or something like that? Now they are good for us. 


The caffeine in coffee used to bad for us now I have read where it is good for us.


Personally, coffee affects my blood pressure so I have switched to decaf. Seems like that defeats the purpose. Is it all in my head? Is there a difference in taste? I think the regular has more "body" as opposed to the unleaded. I have been drinking more tea lately. There are some pretty good ones out there.


I have a friend who has real chickens - the kind that are down on the ground scratching for gravel, eating bugs, and doing what chickens are supposed to do. These eggs are so big she can hardly get the lid closed on the carton. They are brown and it takes a pretty good whack to crack the shell. The yolk is so rich it is deep orange. These things have to be good for us. I have to let them set for a time before I hard boil them. Fresh eggs are a bear to get peeled. I often have just the yolk left or just some of the white. I have a word I use for super frustration and it is "shit". Do you know where that word came from? It is an acronym for "ship high in transit". Hauling manure in the bow of ships (why anyone would do that is beyond me) would rot the wood so manure was to be SHIT - ship high in transit. 


Another word I find pretty disgusting is an acronym for "fornication under carnal knowledge". It was  legal terminology. I hate when people use that word.


I remember when our son Nathan was young (about 5) he was standing in the kitchen and said, "Mom, I don't understand why shit is a bad word." I didn't really have an answer but I said that usually when people use words like that they were angry or trying to insult or hurt someone's feelings. That was the best I could do.


Anyway----

8 comments:

  1. I eat eggs alot now. At least 1-2 a day. They keep me full for a long time. It isn't a strange thing to see 4-5 dozen eggs in my fridge at a time. We go through them so fast in our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go through a lot of eggs as well. I keep some hard boiled in the fridge most of the time. I love to cut one in half and then take a slice of cheese folded twice and then put half of it on each half of the egg. Low carb and filling and yummy.

      Delete
  2. I eat a lot of eggs, mainly because I like it and because it's filling for me. Keeps me going longer. Coffee on the other hand... nah. I tried it once, and it's so bitter and bad I can't stomach it. Everyone kept saying that I would get used to it when I was "grown up", but I still don't like it and I turn 27 this year. Guess I have to get a little older. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am that way with liver. I have tried and tried to eat it and have given up. I just don't like it. Period.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad I've never spent a lot of time or energy on what "they" say. It's just a big waste. Granted, I've had the 'benefit' of being so consistently berated and picked at by my own family that there wasn't time for me to worry about anything else, but hey- there's good in absolutely everything.
    Getting to a point that you are sure of what you do and don't worry about who are what will say you are wrong is wonderfully freeing. Having conviction about who you are and what you believe is a sure sign of maturity. I like how you dealt with your sons question. I may use that yet for my own Nathan- my nephew. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have noticed as I have become more in control of myself and comfortable with "me" the opinions of others matter less and less unless it's constructive criticism. I used to always think I was the one who was wrong or I was the problem but now not so much. I am comfortable with my religious views, my political views, and other controversial topics. I don't feel I have to defend myself anymore.

      Delete
  4. We must watch our addictions and coffee is not good for the body.I am sure we have to all shift to green and healthy tea for good health.Your post is a beautiful reminder.Medical Billing Software

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read that coffee, even decaf, is acid. The body needs to be more alkaline for good health and green tea helps with this. I do have to doctor it up a bit with stevia and a little cream because green tea tastes like grass smells to me if you know what I mean. Sometimes I mix it with other teas to get it down because I know it is good for me.

      Delete