Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, January 1, 2012

We're Off!!

I am welcoming 2012 with a weight of 200 even. I am very happy with that because it represents a 1.5 lb loss from my last report. I am not in onederland but then I don't deserve to be. Anyway 200 makes it easier to do all the math. I weighed 157 lb. when I got married. I can carry 165 lb. really well. The top of the range for my height when I was at Weight Watchers was 149 - I really am starting to look a little scrawny there because of my frame. Using 160 for the sake of the math means a 40 lb. loss in 12 months - that's a little under 3.5 lb. per month. Since I am in no big rush and am more concerned with creating a new normal and behavior changes I will be losing 3.5 lb. per month through 2012 and will be at my goal weight when 2013 begins.

Are you doing any math today?

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Myra! 40 pounds in 12 months is ambitious. I am going to shoot for just 2 pounds off a month with a total of 20 off for 2012. Slow, but sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele - many people lose 10 lb. a month pretty consistently so I feel like I will lose at a rate where the behavior changes will maintain it. Slow, but sure is so right. How many times have I lost weight quickly only to gain it back plus some. You lose your 20 and I'll lose my 40 and that will be just right for each of us. Happy New Year to you and yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pound a week (more or less). It can be done, of course, and I believe you will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo - you bet your boots I am going to do it. I am really looking forward to finally getting it all right for once. The year 2013 will be my year of maintenance. Looking forward to your help in that regard.

    ReplyDelete