Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Dish and Another Song

If you need some comfort, listen to David Phelps - powerful voice.

http://www.godvine.com/No-More-Night-by-David-Phelps-Breathtakingly-Beautiful-1048.html

I made a great dish for my supper tonight.  A couple days ago I spent quite a while chopping vegetables so they would be read for salads. In one large bowl I had a mixture of lettuce and spinach. In another bowl I cut up broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions,  and celery. I covered the bottom of a saucepan with water, brought that to a boil and added a bunch of the broccoli mixture. I then lowered the heat and covered the pan after I used some of Paula Deane's seasoning mixture she always uses (1 c. salt, 1/4 c. pepper, 1/4 c. garlic powder). The vegetables were done in about 10 minutes. While the vegetables were steaming I microwaved 2 veggie garden burgers and cut them into bite sized pieces. I poured the extra water off the veggies, added the veggie burgers, and a little butter for taste. I covered the pan for a few minutes after turning off the heat. I put this on my plate and sprinkled some shredded cheddar on it. WOW - was it good.

I like my salad vegetables to be chopped up rather small. The carrots and celery were sliced pretty thin. I sliced up some green onions tops and all. I like having all this done so that when I want a salad it doesn't take so long to get the salad together.  If you try this I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely! I don't really enjoy vegetables often enough, I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maren - try this. I think you will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delish! Way to go on trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber - Try it - I am getting ready to make it again. I think 1 veggie burger would be enough. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete