Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, January 14, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

I think everyone has about been tagged so I will just do the rest without tagging others. Leigh C. at Poonapalooza tagged me first, then Michele.

Here are the rules:


  1. Post these rules.
  2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
  3. Answer the questions the tag­ger set for you in their post.
  4. Create 11 new ques­tions for the peo­ple you tag to answer.
  5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
  6. No stuff in the tagging sec­tion about ‘you are tagged if you are read­ing this.’ blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!
11 Random Things About Myself

1.  I am the oldest of four children.
2.  Our yard has been on two Garden Tours and may be on a third within the next year or two.
3.  I am an "Autumn" which means I have yellow based skin and the earth tones look best on me. I look good in Army green and that khaki and rusty orange of the Army. Olive green is my best color. I look terrible in stark white. Royal blue makes me look ill. I used to sell Amway products and we would color analyze people before selling them cosmetics.
4. I am not a picky eater but cannot stand liver, Brussels sprouts, and turnips.
5. I like yard art that is rustic and primitive; I have an outhouse, an old oat drill on iron wheels, and an old manure spreader that I have filled with dirt and planted flowers in it and around it.
6.  We have used old, solid wooden doors as paneling in our living room. My dad's old painting ladders serve as the end to our bar and one hangs from the ceiling over the bar for decoration.
7.  I believe that life begins at conception and the time for a woman to be in control of her body is BEFORE the pregnancy. The argument about incest and rape doesn't hold water. The parents are irresponsible so we kill the baby? It's being used as birth control. How sad for us. I agree with Mother Theresa - "A nation that will kill its children has lost its soul." (There is forgiveness if someone reading this has made this decision and now carries a burden of guilt - email me privately.) I usually lose some followers here but this is about me and I am not ashamed of my Christian beliefs.
8. I drive a car until it croaks. The Camry I am now driving has 190,000 miles on it. I had a Pontiac Bonneville that went 318,000 miles. I do the scheduled maintenance and make them last as long as possible.
9. I cannot swim.
10. I dye my hair. I do it myself. 
11. The only surgery I have ever had is gum surgery. We were short of money and I didn't get my teeth cleaned for about 2 years. When I went back, the plaque and tartar has built up, pushed my gums forward which allowed to decay underneath the gum line and I had bone loss. I had to have surgery to repair that. Believe me, we didn't save any money. Get your teeth cleaned regularly. My husband has dentures because he never went to the dentist. He didn't have a cavity or filling in his mouth and had to have all his teeth pulled because of bone loss. He even got a jaw tooth out himself because the tooth has about nothing to hold onto. Did I mention to get your teeth cleaned regularly?



11 answers to questions 

1.  What was your favorite food when you were a child?

Spaghetti - I used to beg my Mom to make it for me when I came home from school for lunch. I usually got Campbell's vegetable beef soup.

2. What is one of your favorite quotes?

I have many but one of my favorites is "We never have as much as we want, but we always have more than we need."


3. What is your favorite body part?

The eyes. Beautiful eyes are so noticeable. They also express a lot of emotion and even the person's state of health.

4. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?

I think probably about 59 years old. The boys were raised; I was retired; and we had very little debt.

5. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?

Tony Dungee maybe. He is a good, Christian example for sports people. He even worked with Michael Vick after his conviction over the dog fighting.

6. If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be?



Abraham Lincoln would be one of the choices. He overcame quite a lot in his life.


7. What celebrity do you get mistaken for?

I've been told I look like Ali McGraw. She hasn't been around for a while but that's the only one I can think of.. The person I get mistaken for the most is my sister, Jenny. I have had people come up and start talking to me and nothing is making sense and I have to say, "You think I'm Jenny, don't you?"

8. What would you name the autobiography of your life?

To Be Continued ----

9. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?

The first significant thing would be my college education.

10. What was the last experience that made you a better person? 

My quilt group has some service projects. One is the Linus project where we make quilts that the fire and police departments keep on hand to give to children in stressful situations. We also make birthright quilts to be given to young, single new mothers. We also make Quilts of Valor for the families of fallen soldiers or for soldiers who have come home wounded. On the last Sunday of each month another person and I take the 3 & 4 grade Sunday School class to the local nursing home.

11. What was the last movie, tv show or book that made you cry or tear up?

I don't watch T.V., books don't tear me up, and watch very few movies but "The Passion of the Christ" was quite moving.


Here are the questions I had composed for others - you can make a blog post out of them if you would like - please do!


1.  Who is your hero?
2.  If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be?
3.  What advice would you give someone who asked you about managing money?
4.  If you could be an animal, which one would it be and why?
5.  Is there a skill you wish you had developed and didn't?
6.  What is the biggest advancement during your lifetime in the area of technology?
7.  If you could live in another country other than your own, which one would it be and why?
8.  What do you want to have accomplished within the next 10 years?
9.  What is your philosophy of life?
10.  If you won the lottery what would you do with it?
11.  What is your favorite card game? Your favorite board game?


Michele also tagged me - here are her questions: I don't know why they are red????



1.    Did you play a musical instrument in school? Which one? Do you still play?

I have always regretted not continuing with piano lessons. I can't even read music now.

2.    Do you collect things? What?

Just dust.

3.    What was the last sporting event that you attended?

I think it was a Colts game in Indianapolis with some friends.

4.    Have you ever seen brilliant night sky stars? Where were you?

All the time - my back yard.

5.    What would a perfect day be for you?

A sunny day in the 60's/70's - light breeze - working in my flowers.

6.    What is one of your latest book reads? What kept you reading it?

I am reading "The Help" right now. It's very good. It's about slavery in the South.

7.    What kind of pen do you use?

Ballpoint - fine point, black ink.

8.    Apple or PC?

PC

9.    What magazines or weeklys do you read or subscribe to?

Birds and Blooms, Better Homes and Gardens, Midwest Living

10.  What satisfies you about the work that you do?

I was a high school teacher - business department - working with teenagers can be a lot of fun. I enjoyed helping them grow up.

11.  What do you hope for yourself in one year?

Goal weight - slim, healthy, size 12.








2 comments:

  1. I know Birds and Blooms and love the pictures. Plus, I have bought Midwest Living off and on. I hope you post pictures of your gardens next summer when they are at their peak. That is quite something to be on a garden tour. Have a great weekend! Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele - I am really bad about the picture thing. I will post a picture of myself on February 1. I feel sure I will be in onederland then and the current picture is 223 lb. if I remember right. I will also make the effort to get some pictures in of my gardens. Take care.

    ReplyDelete