Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Sunday, January 1, 2012

Blank Slate

I had a thought while commenting over at "Weight Loss and God Whispers". We are starting with a blank slate- today will be our first entry of the 365 entries we will make this year. This would be a good time to start writing each morning and evening about plans and then about how it went including any corrections that need to be made and any challenges coming up. One thing we must keep in mind is that we cannot erase any of the 365 entries we get to make. We can take some corrective actions or adjust things but what we write today is written in ink. No pencils.

Last year's slate is all written up - some of it may be smeared with tears; tears of sadness or tears of joy. Tears are liquid prayers. We need to study last year's writings so that this year will be free of some of the sufferings and failures. If last year's slate was full of success and good stuff - we need to write a sequel this year.

We will be writing a series. Each year will be another edition of our lives and will be put on the shelf with the others and as they stack up our lives are continuing and we are becoming something. This something can be a new version or it can be a repeat.

When someone else reads what we have written, what will that person learn about us?

Ink pens in hand - today has begun and we get to write. Let's choose what we write carefully.

14 comments:

  1. I love a blank slate. Absolutely love it. The possibilities are endless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Maren - I can always count on you to say something complimentary and encouraging. I hope the blank slate analogy has made you think and consider behaviors to be corrected or ones to be instituted and made a part of your life. We are going to OWN 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!!! So very profound!!!! This has me floored, and my mind rolling.!! So many spiritual and thot provoking angles to this statement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby - I am glad you were touched and inspired. I didn't know I had it in me :-) Thank you for highlighting it over at your place. All of us are writing a chapter each day. We get to choose the content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very inspiring post, thank you. I just found your blog and will begin following you and reading what you have to say. I feel that god is telling me something and leading me to new people. I think you are one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becki - welcome. I hope that what I write provides the help you need. Blogging is a great way to hook up with like minded people. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like what you said about considering what others will learn about you from reading our words. I've visited blogs that are filled with excuses and documentations of the same mistakes being made day after day. It's so clear to see where someone else went wrong; a little harder to see our own shortcomings. You're right, reading what we've written can tell us a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AMEN!!!
    Yes maam, we can teach or hurt, we need to think and do.
    Take care and Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen - welcome and I hope that what I write makes a good impression of what I am as a person and that I want the best for each of my followers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie - I know I have tried to give tough love before and have reconsidered. Each person's blog is their work, their confessions, and their lives. We can point out what we see as needed changes but shouldn't act like a disciplinarian. We don't have to follow if it isn't right for us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the blankslatenessment of EACH morning.

    xo

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Carla each day is a new chapter and any good book has chapters that "go together" don't you think? A good book is coherent and the content has been written by an author who knows the "big picture" and writes the chapters with a knowledge of what the message is. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Tears are liquid prayers"- I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Miss April - I read that somewhere on the internet and have used it several times as I think it makes a very touching image of crying.

    ReplyDelete