Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Behavior Blast Challenge

I have been toying with the idea of a Challenge that would address behavior changes only. I ran it by Paul over at Virtual Paul and he wants to get started tomorrow (Thursday)! Another person also expressed an interest so all who would like to join us for the Behavior Blast to last for 6 weeks only is hereby invited to email me and your name will be added to the spreadsheet. This Challenge builds each week. The first week's behavior that we are addressing is drinking 8 - 10 glasses of water per day. That's 64 - 80 oz. of water. Those in the Challenge will email me their total ounces of water in the evening each day and I will enter it on the spreadsheet and then attach it to an email so we can see how everyone is doing. Coffee, tea, diet drinks do not count.

Week two will be to continue with the daily water intake AND add exercising 3 - 5 times per week. The third week will be "coasting" - we will continue with the water and exercise with the goal of making these things our normal.

I want everyone to give me suggestions for weeks 4 - 6. I was thinking for week 4 getting in 3 vegetables and 1 fruit each day or some mixture thereof. Other behaviors we might address could be not eating in the car for example. Not eating after 6 p.m. could be another. Waiting for a stomach growl before eating is a possibility. Swallowing one bite of food and taking a drink of something before the next bite is a thought.

After the first 6 weeks I thought we could coast for two weeks and continue the behaviors we have been emphasizing. We could start another blast and emphasize one behavior a week. The second blast could be each participant would let everyone know the behavior that he/she was going to work on for that week and keep us all posted. I don't know how I would keep track of that. I could just keep track of each person and the behavior that person was going to address for the week.

Let me know what you think and if you want to be added to the group. I need your email address. Mine is myrabaldwin@netzero.net

Take care.

6 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I would join in for sure! Depending on the people that are interested- tracking our calories or food could be a goal too. Not eating in front of the TV? My email is ruggie@pobox.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jill - great! - I have you in the address book and on the spreadsheet - email your oz. of water consumed this evening and I will attach the spreadsheet to an email. Let's work on those behaviors that are holding us back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. I can't handle anything else right now but I will be following along. Take care and good luck to all your challengers.
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - you can jump in whenever it fits for you. Next week will be drinking the water and adding the exercise. Whenever you want to join us, just let me know. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this idea Myra, and I looked at the email you sent me. I think I have enough to stay on top of right now, but I was hoping you'd run this once, and maybe again later? I don't want to overload myself, then I'll just give up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maren - you can jump in anytime you want. Next week will be water and exercise. I will take you off the spreadsheet for now. Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete