Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winning the Battle of the Bulge is not for Sissies

Failure is just another way to learn how to do something right. - Marian Wright Edelman

He who limps is still walking. - Stanislaw Lec

Expanding on the first quote creates a tug of war in me. I think I was so used to failure for years that I wasn't learning anything but how to fail better. On the other hand, I think all those failures in the presence of deep down wanting to be successful at this created the person that is now confident about getting the weight off. It is not OK to continue to fail but if that's the path that takes us to finally getting it all together then it has served a purpose. So we shouldn't fret about failures but we also don't want them to dominate forever. Through our failures we have learned about ourselves and some of it we don't like. We are now stronger to make it happen because we have more information through our own reading, through blogging, through trying/trying/trying, and through reflection. Let's change trying/trying/trying to doing/doing/doing.

We especially don't want to quit or just give up. Weight loss bloggers are very understanding because they have done the same things. There are people very willing to counsel with you and they will do all they can (I am thinking of Mir, Princess Dieter and Jane Cartelli at Keeping the Pounds Off) if we ask but it really just comes down to us and the food. Each of our followers and commenters is a counselor.

Many are limping but that is still walking. Whether we are crawling, limping, walking, or running into the New Year there is hope- as long as we draw breath there is hope.

I'm not going to be a sissy anymore, how about you?

4 comments:

  1. Excellent post for this time of year. I am trying to get my mind wrapped around not being a sissy anymore. I have been limping. We can do this. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo - let's make 2012 our year. We can get to walking from limping before 2012 begins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! Struck a cord with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maren - I'm all about striking cords :-)Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete