Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Thursday, December 8, 2011

Prayer for 2012 - cute!

http://leahs-new-ending.blogspot.com/2011/12/thursday-funny-prayer-for-2012.html

Just a smile for you.

Today is going well for me as I hope it is for you. I have already done my route and will be working on some Linus quilts for a service project. The quilts go to the local police and fire departments and when they go to a situation where children are under stress they give them a quilt. We also have Birthright in Richmond and I will be making some receiving blankets to be given to young, unwed mothers with new babies. My quilt group, The Happy Scrappers, also makes patriotic quilts to give to injured soldiers or to the families of fallen soldiers. Another thing some of you might consider is taking a Sunday School class to a local nursing home. We take the 3 - 4 grade class on the last Sunday of each month. We sing "Jesus Loves Me" to all the patients we can and do you know they all know the words and sing along. The kids give them hugs and shake their hands because being touched is one of the things these people miss.

What service projects are you a part of? If you are, great. What the world needs now is love, sweet love (remember that song?). If not, I can't think of a better New Year's Resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment