Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Saturday, December 3, 2011

Observing Myself

Now that Thanksgiving is over I have had some time to reflect on my behaviors. I got the water in every day - 64 oz. which is 8 cups of water. I also prayed for strength in the morning and then was thankful for it at night. I have tried not to overdo the water since my tendency is to overdo EVERYTHING. I consistently exercised. Last Thursday morning my manager said to get my DOT physical which has to be renewed every year so that I can drive the armored vehicles for ATM Solutions. I failed the test because of my blood pressure - kind of discouraging but I had eaten some salted nuts the night before and I have not been careful about caffeine. My BP was 180/108 - YIKES. So - I was thankful for the information and I have given up real coffee and no more salted nuts for me. I have to go back in 3 months and try again. To tell you the truth I wouldn't care if I never drive an armored vehicle again but I do care if I have a stroke. They weighed me. I haven't weighed myself in a long time and my weight was 202 - I think the last weight I reported to you was 203.5. This weight was in late morning and I found my work phone in my pocket that I forgot to take out so I may be in onederland as I sit here. I have an appointment on the 14th with my doctor to get my BP prescription renewed so I will report my weight again then.

One epiphany for me during this holiday was how I ate peacefully. It was different. I didn't realize I had anxiety even while I ate but now that I can eat peacefully without racing thoughts about weight, can I stop, how much should I eat, guilt feelings - you know the drill. Those thoughts in the back of my mind ruined the enjoyment of what I was eating in the past and I really didn't realize it at the time. In the past not only would I have overeaten at the meal but I would have eaten the rest of the evening because the day was already a bust. Then it would continue because after overeating to that extent it is hard to get back with the program.

I have been able to go up to using 10 lb. weights in my classes and feel pretty good about that.

My favorite part of the day is getting into my warm bed and talking to God a while before I fall asleep. The warmth and comfort is like the everlasting arms to me.

Did any of you notice new behaviors that have become your new normal during the holiday we just enjoyed?

11 comments:

  1. So sorry you did not pass your physical. I will pray this is only temporary and your bp will be back to where it should be at your next appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sounding so much more peaceful, so much more calmer. I can feel it when I'm reading, I can see it in your words. I am so glad you are at peace. I do hope your blood pressure goes down, a stroke is so not in your future.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna - Thank you for your kind words and well wishes. I think eliminating caffeine and as much sodium as I can will do the trick. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie - you always say precious words. I think my BP will correct itself now that I am taking care about the caffeine and sodium. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could have stopped with the title of your post. I have avoided self-observation lately and the dread is building. I realize the longer I avoid it, the bigger the dread - SO.........This afternoon when I have some time, I'm going to do it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you didn't pass the physical, but at least you got some valuable information. :) I will get better. My blood pressure was through the roof before, and after only a few months it's down to normal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd rather know my bp was up than be unaware. Good that you know what caused it and can just stop doing that. I believe in observing ourselves and listening to our bodies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca - what am I going to do with you girl? :-) It's time to face the music, find out where you are starting from, and just agree with me in prayer that you will get in the 64 oz. of water every day this week. I am going to get in touch with you next Sunday and ask if you have done that. That's all you have to do this week. Don't make me come over there. You really aren't that far away you know. It's time to get on this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maren - I was hoping with my weight loss that my blood pressure would be where it should be but I can't expect that if I don't do my part.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo - I think we would all be better off if we would be more "intuitive" regarding hunger and fullness as well as how we feel as far as energy and health are concerned. Let's keep working on it, shall we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little exchange with Rebecca cracked me up. She isn't too far from you!

    ReplyDelete