Weight loss support with a spiritual element. I will keep you posted on my journey in the hopes that you will join me in becoming the person God wants you to be. Don't worry about being religious. Come as you are.




Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Glass Half Full?

A thousand things went right today.
– Ilan Shamir

This is a humbling thought. What have we complained about so far today? Are you a glass half full or a glass half empty type of person? There are probably a thousand things that went right today in our bodies. Did our car start? Do we have enough to eat and a warm place to sleep? Is your income such that you can give some to alleviate the troubles of someone else?

Mary over at A Small Loss said in her blog today that one of her favorite motivational sayings is "if you have a body, you are an athlete". What a positive way to think about our ability to walk, ride a bicycle, swim, and many other things. 

It's cold here. I had Bible Study Fellowship this morning and then did my ATM route. 

I have been noticing more hunger lately and I think part of it is because I have gone up to 10 lb. weights in my classes and been exercising regularly enough to have built some muscle I think so that means a higher metabolism because as we all know, muscle tissue is much more metabolically active than fat tissue. As I am working on eating intuitively I don't know whether to trust myself or not. My problem has always been stopping not waiting for true hunger. I just have to take a small amount and eat that but it's not as satisfying as it was so I eat something else as well. I feel like I am overeating.

I have Jazzercise this evening and then Step Aerobics in the morning. I have been able to be consistent with my workouts so that is a good thing - my new normal. It is nice not to be tempted by sweets like I used to be. There are so many good, sugar free products anymore. The chocolate pudding is excellent in my opinion. Atkins has a peanut butter cup that tastes like Reese's. I really want to be able to drink a small glass of red wine in the evenings before bed. I have switched to a somewhat drier Cabernet Savignon that is good. I was having a sweet red wine from Oliver but I would drink the whole bottle on many occasions then I wanted something salty and greasy and after a bottle of wine the resolve just ain't what it should be - know what I mean? I've said before that I could very easily be an alcoholic.

After my little blood pressure stunt failing the DOT physical I am totally decaf coffee and herbal teas. I haven't checked my BP but my ears have stopped ringing - that's a good thing.

We took our German Shepherd puppy to the Vet yesterday and he had gained 15 lb. in one month. That's my boy - I could do that as well :-) He got a distemper booster, we got 6 heart worm pills so we would get a 5% discount, and some Benadryl as he is scratching a lot in spite of the pill we give him for fleas/ticks. We dropped $140 there. I can't remember spending that on one of the boys even if they were sick. Oh well.

I hope that everyone is navigating through this time of year without too much over-indulgence. Don't get so stressed out that you can't tell if you found a rope or lost a horse - OK?



10 comments:

  1. I have been feeling ten times better for about a month by having a more positive attitude. Negative seemed to take over my little corner of the world for a few months, now I can see the good. I love the quote at the top, thanks for sharing. I also found the quote from Mary's blog to be amazing! That is more positive thinking. It's wonderful what 'glass half full' mentality can do for a person in every way.

    Glass of red wine leading to a bottle... that sounds familiar. I buy the little 4 packs of small bottles or I don't trust myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss April - I am so glad to hear that you have found being more positive to be helpful in many ways. I know you have been having a tough time of it. Moderation in all things and all that. We cannot control what other people do but we can control how we react to it. I hope that your PMA continues and grows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think of myself as a pretty positive person, so definitely a glass pretty full kind of gal. Yep, cold here, too, in MN. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also a glass half full kind of person. Challenges can be overcome, I can lose weight.. we will do good things if we try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michele - I can definitely tell you are a glass half full type. Your words always support and encourage and life doesn't get you down. Your life reflects this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maren - You are a fighter and always talk yourself and others through the tough times. You have overcome a difficult past and are the better for it. FIGHT ON!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was delighted to see you enjoyed my A Thousand Things Went Right Today quote. I came from my deep desire to celebrate all the good in each day and not let the glitches rule my life. Here is a quote of mine that I also thought you would enjoy . . . "Glass half empty, glass half full, who knows which one is true, I'm just glad to have a glass at all, and I raise it high to you!" Ilan Shamir Come visit our website at www.yourtruenature.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Llan - Imagine my surprise when I checked my comments and saw yours!! - the author of the quote I used in this post. Thank you so much for taking he time to honor me with these words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a timely message. Thank you both for creating and posting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julie - Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. I always enjoy reading comments and hope that my posts help and encourage.

    ReplyDelete