Bzybee has this on his web site and I thought it might be fun as well.
1. I am a Christian and a conservative.
2. I am a retired school teacher.
3. One of my hobbies is quilting. Another hobby is working in the yard. Our yard has been on two garden tours and may be on another one this next summer. I love giving quilts to family members for graduations, weddings, babies, retirements, etc. I have not kept one quilt for myself.
4. I do not understand all the hoopla about dirt, germs, washing hands. Dirt is not radioactive nuclear waste. We came from the dirt and will return to it. Germs are everywhere and we are exposed to them each and every day. This washing hands thing and now wiping the handles of grocery carts seems a little silly to me. I wash my hands if they are dirty. I know germs can be transmitted through surfaces and contact. Hygiene is important but aren't we getting a little carried away? If we keep ourselves healthy our bodies can fight germs because our immune system is stronger because of developing immunities to germs with which we have come into contact. We live in our house; we don't do surgery there. I get maybe one cold a year. I never get the flu. This is just me. I know the nurses out there are probably gasping for breath. :-) Could people be getting sick because of their immune systems? People who smoke, drink too much, drink sodas, eat junk food, are sedentary - I think this is the problem not runaway heat seeking missile guided germs. You probably think I live in a pig sty but we live here and it looks like it! I posted earlier about people with eating problems also having a problem managing money and with clutter. I definitely have the clutter thing.
5. I am married still to the original one. It has not been easy. We have two sons. Nathan is in the Army and Isaac does computer aided drafting.
6. I get tired of being asked how I am by people who don't care how I am. It is just empty talk. When a telephone call starts with that, I know it's a telemarketer. Do they really want to know about my aches and pains?
7. As America goes down the toilet, let's remember that the breakdown of the traditional American family is one of the main reasons. I just heard on the radio that 50 years ago 72% of adults were married - now it's 51%. Do you think those statistics relate to the dropout rate, crime, child abuse, and dependency on the government? Government is now the other parent. If we allow gay marriage, next is three people can wed, uncles and nieces, heck, you will probably get to marry the dog someday. I honestly don't think we can turn it around. America is losing its soul. Human life is devalued. We are desensitized to violence because there is so much of it to hear and watch. There wouldn't be so much of that stuff if people weren't voting with their money for it to be produced.
8. Communication skills are suffering. I have tried to talk through Facebook or emails about political things and it is nearly always reduced to name calling and insults - that ends the conversation for me.
9. Ideologues. If the very same things had happened under Republican leadership that have happened under the present leadership, the liberal Democrats would be screaming from the rooftops. We have had our credit rating downgraded (Obama made a speech as senator when this was done under George Bush that it was un-American and immature to do this). Our debt has tripled. There are more people on food stamps now than ever before. 47% of Americans don't pay taxes. Unemployment was 6.5% when Obama took office - it is now 8.6% I think. We don't look at the facts and make our decisions. We look at whether it was done by a Democrat or a Republican. There is so much corruption in this administration it is hard to know where to start. Frank/Dodd - the mortgage debacle. Fast and Furious. These green energy companies that got taxpayer money and are failing. Obama care - passing bills without even reading them. Political correctness has gotten ridiculous. Please don't tell me about Obama inheriting a mess. Every new president inherits from the president before him. Obama is not special. The Democrats controlled the Senate and the House for the last two years of the previous administration. Did they try to turn anything around and I missed it?
10. We have a registered German Shepherd puppy. His name is Sarge. We have a cat named Noggin. A dog thinks, "You feed me, you water me, you take care of me when I am sick - you must be a god." A cat thinks, "You feed me, you water me, you take care of me when I am sick - I must be a god."
11. My husband is recovering from a compression fracture in his back. He fell backwards down some basement steps.
12. I think friends and family are truly blessings. I have conservatives and liberals in both groups. It's OK.
13. I love our wood stove. That heat is so cozy.
14. I like to cook and am pretty good at it.
15. I am making exercise my new normal. I have been consistently exercising 6 times a week. Drinking 64 oz. of water a day is my new normal as well.
16. I haven't been going to Church like I used to. I am more concerned with being spiritual lately as opposed to being religious. I am going to Church tomorrow as I am not on call. It is good to be in the house of the Lord and to fellowship with other Christians. I want to take Communion. Being on call has interfered with this at times. It is easier to be spiritual if I attend Church I am realizing. I am in Bible Study Fellowship and have learned so much about scripture. I have been reading about the symbolism in the Bible - very interesting.
17. I work part-time for ATM Solutions. I have a route and I get the deposits out of the ATM and take them into the bank. I have a loaded weapon that I must qualify with each year. I drive an armored vehicle when they need me to cover for one of the drivers.
18. I am a morning person.
19. I do have that compulsive personality. If I wasn't an overeater, I would be an alcoholic or a gambler or overspend more than I already do.
20. I like to read. I love my Kindle.
21. Our youngest son has decided he is an atheist. This bothers me of course. There is a part of us that cannot be explained with blood and tissue. It is our Spirit. There is the supernatural and miracles do happen.